New BF Hud Settings Questions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BF Hud Settings Questions!

So to those of you who have played with the hud settings (you know who you are).

What have you figured out that works?

I would really love to go with a COMPLETELY hudless game and just drop all markers except it's so damn hard to tell friend from foe on almost every map.

This isn't like counter-strike where each team has vastly different outfits. In BF4 everyone looks so similar that if you add any sort of shadowing you end up either shooting friendlies or you end up dead from enemies you thought were squad-mates.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: New BF Hud Settings Questions!

I cut everything off one night and it was a mistake lol, but you can do it so that what ever you want to show does. All floating icons I have scaled for distance which I like a lot. Also when you aim down sights all hud info disappears. You should go into your test range and adjust all your setting that way until you find what works for you. Lots of options.

Comment

great idea shane! Thanks i'll go to the test range. I tried to do it while playing and that was a mistake.

Comment

They posted a pretty good video about what all the settings do here:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKEbspXuNTs

I think the only settings I am going to tinker with is the transparency on icons while aimed down the sight. Might be useful to have some things less visible when trying to shoot people.

They also added separate field of view settings for infantry and vehicles. Also can toggle field of view scaling when aiming down the sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRUFFEaTMA4
        This video is a little older but it explains what the field of view settings does fairly well. I had no idea that it was possible to change it. Might be helpful to have a greater field of view when in a vehicle, but it may be harder to spot people.

I also think it would be fun to have a password night where everyone agrees to turn their hud off completely. Might make for some interesting game play. Everyone would have to slow down and really be observant of where everyone is.

Comment

[QUOTE

I also think it would be fun to have a password night where everyone agrees to turn their hud off completely. Might make for some interesting game play. Everyone would have to slow down and really be observant of where everyone is.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea, would require some tight team work with SL to SL comms

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X