Weird Ping Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Ping Issue

So I just moved to San Diego. As expected my sweet sweet super low ping has now gone up.

What is unexpected though is that in the server browser I see about a ~100 ping. In game, the score screen reports I have a 400 ping?!

I only played for about ten minutes but it felt a lot more like 100 than 400. Any ideas on the weird numbers?

Re: Weird Ping Issue

Check out this thread from the Tech Support/FAQs section of the BF4 forums:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ping-halp.html

Is the listed 400 sustained? Or is it just a spike in ping that soon drops?

You may be experiencing similar problems as those in the above thread (myself included). I've noticed something similar where on battelog it will say something like 100ms then I'll change tabs and go back and it till be around 380 then drop down again. In game my ping will go anywhere from 30-999 (could be higher) and at times it makes the gameplay unbearable.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

I know there was an issue yesterday where my ping went to 250-300 over the last few days, but it appears to be back down to the 85-100 range that I normally see.
      ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Yeah seems to be a yesterday issue, last night was fun and my ping was around 100 which was playable.

Comment

yeah, if I want solid ping stable ping, I'll have to use a VPN.

Comment

I have ping issues too. Almost every session I experience a random ping spike up to 999 and my game is unplayable. Sometimes I'll stay still and it reverts to the usual 18-20 on it's own sometimes not. I attributed this to my ISP as we have issues with streaming and buffering at times. Someone else said on another post it's a TG server issue. I'm not so sure about that as streaming on other devices is sometimes affected.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

My ping has fluctuated a lot too the last week or so. It's normally ~33 but it will jump well into the 100s randomly.

Comment

FlyPenFly,

Welcome to San Diego! My ping as shown in Battlelog is usually far higher than that shown in game, which is typically ~100. Though I also experience periods where it spikes to 999 or somewhere in between. I need to dedicate the time to have a chat with Time Warner Cable...
                |TG|Melee
                Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...