11/18 BF4 Final Stand...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/18 BF4 Final Stand...

Battlefield 4's final pack comes out this Nov. 18th... called "Final Stand" if you didn't know...

OT, so does Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, and GTA V.... busy Winter. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 11/18 BF4 Final Stand...

@admins can we expect a few days of FS maps only?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
      @admins can we expect a few days of FS maps only?
      Most likely, that may be the case, from my observations in the past when new DLCs are released. However, I can't speak for the admins. But just offering my two cents on what I've observed with all the other DLCs
      |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

I remember it being so with the last DLC<but wanted to make sure :) Thanks for the answer though Drummer.

Comment

I am sure we can do a rotation that will give everyone a good chance to checkout the new maps etc and then feed them back into a more expanded rotation.

Comment

How about DLC maps only, with double ticket rate for the first night?

Comment

I tried the one map with the Titan manufacturing plant at the top. Pretty awesome. Keeping sniping limit down on that map will be important. BUT, overall that was one of the best maps released on BF4

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Can someone report in with the size of the D/L. I'm having space issues on my SSD.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

@ 6.03 gb

:icon_frow
                  |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    Can someone report in with the size of the D/L. I'm having space issues on my SSD.
                    Total size of my Battlefield 4 folder after update and final stand is 55.8 gb

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
                      I tried the one map with the Titan manufacturing plant at the top. Pretty awesome. Keeping sniping limit down on that map will be important. BUT, overall that was one of the best maps released on BF4
                      Agreed. Me and bunny played the new maps this morning after it went live, and we both really liked Hangar 21 (the Titan factory map). Honestly, they could've got away with having just the hangar as the map. It's probably the best part of that map. (And possibly the best map in this DLC so far) Needless to say, we spent most of the round in there every time we played it. The outside flags are kinda meh. We both pondered the question of how it would play out in Rush mode. Scaling the mountain and assaulting the hangar would be a bit of a challenge, I think, if there's a set of MCOMs in there.

The biggest peeve is people constantly opening the hangar door and letting in the choppers. Kinda like Wavebreaker when you're trying to keep the boats out if you're holding the sub pen (D flag). You got friendlies constantly opening the doors and you gotta run to the switches and close em again.

But, there's so many nooks and crannys and cool hiding spots and passages. Plus it's kinda dark too. Me and bunny ran around for 5 minutes, trying to find the ladder that we came up from, because it was dark and we couldn't see the ladder opening in the floor.

Definitely a cool map
                      |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Love Hangar 21 as well, really fun map all around, for me, even the outside flags. Those outside flags, though relatively flat in overall landscape, have lots of rugged boulders and small varied elevations that really make for great cover and fun fights to approach each capture point. You can just about drop down to prone and be covered anywhere (slight exaggeration). The cavernous hangar, that giant bay door, the Titan engine test bed, launch pods...I'm in love.

The snow map, Operation Whiteout reminds me of PoE2 Dnister River in a good way. It's like a throwback nod to a more civilized time of BF2 with it's unobstructed, simple landscape and easy to spot enemies.
                        Last edited by vectorline; 11-19-2014, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I liked Hangar the most in the CTE and I still like it the most of all the maps after the official release. The other maps really don't favor infantry much, especially with so many people going 3,5-4x magnification DMRs and just hiding under trees.

Comment

I love the new maps. These are the first real sniper friendly maps that allow me to really call out targets for my team. For once I can play a real recon role because I can see so much. I understand some of the concern regarding DMR's, but if anything maybe limit them instead of taking them out completely. All in all, the new maps are awesome to me because they remind me of the old huge BF2 maps and they really let me play a true recon role for my squad. As far as favorites, they are all my favorites honestly.
                            pew pew

Comment

its like dice decided that snipers need 3 maps all for them self's, with some really horrible rush maps thrown into the mix
                              ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X