Help: Cannot Install Final Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Cannot Install Final Stand

So I've tried downloading Final Stand, but it only wants to patch BF4 CTE with the regular game in the queue. I would normally just allow CTE to patch itself up and then I would suspect that it would go to the next in queue (logically).

However, it just lingers, saying that it is "Resuming Update" when it appears to be doing nothing of the sort :(

Its been sitting for awhile (2 hours) with NOTHING having happened.

Anyone know how I have fix this? The "Pause Update", "Cancel Update", and "Uninstall" options in the right-click menu are also greyed out...

...so frustrating!!!!

EDIT: I meant for this thread to go into the "Technical Support & FAQs" sub-forum if the mods would please move it there (or not, may get more views here)
    Last edited by Pale Horseman; 11-19-2014, 03:02 AM.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Re: Help: Cannot Install Final Stand

Did you follow the install instructions?: Battlefield 4 Final - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
    Did you restart Origin?
    Did you look for help on BF4 forums?Maybe someone had the same issue.
    If all else fails reinstall.

Sorry I can't help you more,but I downloaded and installed just fine,not even using the instructions so I'm throwing anything that could potentially help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
      Did you follow the install instructions?: Battlefield 4 Final - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
      Did you restart Origin?
      Did you look for help on BF4 forums?Maybe someone had the same issue.
      If all else fails reinstall.

Sorry I can't help you more, but I downloaded and installed just fine,not even using the instructions so I'm throwing anything that could potentially help.
      Yeah, I've followed the instructions, but for some reason the CTE has what seems like permanent priority in the origin DL queue. And it does nothing but sit there like it is buffering or preparing to install.
      I've also checked the BF4 forums, but the one option that people said worked seemed a bit drastic, and I was wondering if there was any other alternatives to remedy this situation.

Thank you for the tips, though, and if you think of anything else I'd be glad to hear it.

I'm going to let it sit on that screen tonight while I sleep; hopefully something will happen.
      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Mind you I'm not very familiar with Origin,but I looked at the available options and here's what I think you might try:
        1. "hide" option ,maybe if you "hide" CTE, Origin will ignore it and stop prioritizing it.
        2. In the Origin client: Origin>Download Queue(never used this,have no idea if you can change something there,for now it tells me "there are no active tasks at this time"
        3. Origin>application settings>general>updates>uncheck "automatically keep my games up to date", then restart origin and manually update BF4

Comment

Resolved.

Just left it running this the "Resume Download" stuck-mode runnine and came home with it having DL's Final Stand. But CTE still cannot DL; guess it realized it and went to the next thing in the queue.

Took a long time to start downloading though, I checked it like 4 hours later and it was still showing CTE as saying its about to"Resume Download"...

Thanks again, Mojo
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

No problem.Glad to hear you finally got it. Have fun!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X