High Ping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Ping

I have a very high ping and it won't come down, ran a tracert and discovered that many of the New York servers and also the TG server in Jersey is very slow. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so I wonder if there's anything we can do about it?

Re: High Ping

May want to check this out from the tech support section:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ping-halp.html

Is it staying high or is it fluctuating? Because as of late I've definitely noticed large ping spikes which I never had a problem with before. At times the game is unplayable because of it.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Yeah same thing happens to me with the spikes but for me it's Time Warner here in NYC; I'm pretty sure of that.
      pew pew

Comment

It's staying high, I thought it might be due to the storm in New York. It seems that most of the servers I'm getting bad latency on are based in New York.

Comment

I have all sorts of issues on the server that i dont have anywhere else...sometimes i get very bad unplayable rubberbanding. I have to stop playing. It happens pretty much daily at some point or another.

Comment

I have ping issues too. Usually one per session. The game becomes unplayable. Sometimes I'll just stop in place and wait a few minutes and it gets better. Other times I'll leave the game and reboot my PC and it's fine. I think it's a Comcast thing here because I've had trouble with Roku, Netflix and Amazon video buffering over and over again. Interesting to see so many others experiencing this however.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

As mentioned in the other post linked above, I've had horrible ping spikes consistently going back to BF3. I found waiting it out worked as well as rebooting, so that's what I do. I had thought it was unique to me, and therefore TWC's fault, but maybe it's at the source, or somewhere in between.
              |TG|Melee
              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...