Classic Maps in BF4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Maps in BF4

Dice is doing a poll asking for what class maps people would like in BF4. Lets get some BF2 and 2142 maps!

Survey: https://sv.surveymonkey.com/s/VMRMP3X

Official Post is here: Battlefield 4 and the Road Ahead - News - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

BF2 maps for those that have forgot
    Annotated Battlefield 2 Maps

Re: Classic Maps in BF4

I wonder if this poll really has any bearing on the content they have planned because if they had to start from scratch I would think it would take awhile to create.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I was just about to post about this. I'm curious what will be voted for. I just ended up voting for most of the BF2 Special Forces and 2142 maps. Karkand had better be brought back.
      |TG6|Flarionice
      Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Agree. Most likely they will be BF3 maps because they are easier to port but one can hope

Comment

If they could bring Sharqi and Karkand back...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

i went ahead and took the survey, but could only vote for BF1942 maps. maybe i should have dropped DCFinal and played BF2 and 2142....oh well, i had fun.

Comment

One of the few choice maps from BF3 (well, technically BF2) I'd love to see brought back is Sharqi. Was always one of my favorites. Death Valley from the Armored Kill expansion was really cool too. I'd love to see it a little bit darker. The Endgame maps were pretty neat too. There were some GREAT maps in BF2 though. I'd love to see Daqing Oilfields, Mashtuur, Zatar Wetlands, or Kubra Dam. Highway Tampa and Road to Jalalabad were pretty good too. I played BC2 and there were some pretty good maps in that one too, but I honestly can't remember the names of them. Same with BF2: Special Forces - though I didn't play that one very long to become super familiar with it.

I wasn't too hip on the choices they went with for Second Assault. Then again, those maps were voted for by the player base. (Gee, how about that?) I like what they did with Caspian and Firestorm. Oman was cool for a minute until I realized how lopsided it can be. But Metro? Really? That was the one that really made me facepalm. Even with the small changes they implemented, it's still Metro, it's still a tube fest, it's still a one-sided grind, I still loathe it. If this survey thing is any indication of what's to come, (revamps of old maps), let's hope that there's some good choices.
              |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Every one of the launch 2142 maps.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Soooo everyone better vote for Carebear........i might have to slay you if you don't....just saying.
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

A re-imagining of Mashtuur City could be EPIC! Something I really hope they do.

When they redone Karkand I was a bit disappointed that they chose to make it smaller than the original and cut off a large portion of the map from the area across the river. A full scale version of Karkand would be nice, But a full scale Mashtuur with more/better buildings and static objects would be amazing.
                    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

A good portion of the BF2/2142 maps' gameplay would be drastically altered by the lack of fog of war and massive increase in accurate fire. I'm hoping they will take that into account with any re-imaginations they take on.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Don't forget that there are no walker and apc in bf4.
                        Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

No APC ejection pods...

Fall of Berlin would be cool and those gunships would be a cool addition.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Fallen for POE2

nuff said

Comment

Orel, too!
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse