Hardline... your thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardline... your thoughts?

I still can't decide if I'm intrested in BF Hardline... the trailers always look good, but knowing the BF community, few ever really play with tactics and teamwork, so IMO the trailers are false advertisement... it's what COULD be Hardline, but we all know better... unless it's with friends on a hardcore server... I just can't decide.

Whats your thoughts and opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuY3xNa8PBY

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Hardline... your thoughts?

I'm not much a fan of the cops and robbers theme, so I'll probably pass unless it really takes off here.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
      I still can't decide if I'm intrested in BF Hardline... the trailers always look good, but knowing the BF community, few ever really play with tactics and teamwork, so IMO the trailers are false advertisement... it's what COULD be Hardline, but we all know better... unless it's with friends on a hardcore server... I just can't decide.

Whats your thoughts and opinions?
      Yeah I'm with you on the fantasy of some spontaneous on the fly tactics, how often are riot shields used in BF4 to cover team mates? Modes like hostage rescue peaked my interest, although it seems along the lines of the CounterStrike mode. I think Rainbow Six Siege might do a better job filling that niche... I don't have any plans to purchase at this point.

Comment

Thumbs up on Rainbow 6 here too, not so much for Hardline. I'm sure it will actually be a fun game with solid shooting mechanics but this and Star Wars reek of EA milking the cow, hard.

R6 on the other hand does whet the old appetite. I know full well this won't have the intricate planning nor mission creator longevity of the past titles (wouldn't want to give the consumer the option to create longevity instead of buying DLC) but I can imagine playing this with fellow TG'rs and against and having an absolute blast.

Comment

not interested

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
            I'm not much a fan of the cops and robbers theme, so I'll probably pass unless it really takes off here.
            This.
            |TG6|Flarionice
            Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

I would have only considered buying it if it looked like it would have a life here at TG (which it doesn't), but they lost me with the tagline, "The Fastest Battlefield Yet". As far as I'm concerned BF3 & BF4 would have been better games played slower with less emphasis on getting the most kills as fast as possible and Hardline looks to push that play style even further.
              |TG-6th|FYAH29
              "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Yea, not interested in cops and robbers with A-10's flying over head. Holding out for Battlefront, hoping they do it right.

Comment

I'll buy it when it is 50% off. Until then ... not.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nada. Wasn't interested when it first surfaced and I had a chance to check it out, and I'm still not interested. I honestly wasn't impressed for alot of reasons. It looks like a BF4 mod/reskin and the whole cops-and-robbers theme and the style is just kinda.....meh. It's EA trying to milk a cash-cow.

I plan on riding out BF4 as long as I can - or at least until the point where it's life cycle ends or gets to the point to where nobody really plays anymore. It's the game in my collection that I play full bore the most. After BF4 dies out, I'll be moving on to another full time game or two.

Agreed with FYAH - BF3 and 4 would've been better with slower pace. Unfortunately, I feel that 3 and 4 were an effort to cater to console gamers and left behind some crucial things that were so great in BF2. We've beaten that horse to death, in regards to "how much better BF2 was because it had this or that". In my book, EA and DICE left us behind and alienated alot of people after BF2. I really think they saw the console demographic as a gold mine (because it's so large) and decided to cash in. The complexity, strategy, and core mechanics of BF2 are probably just too much for the average console player to even be interested in. They don't want slow paced, epic battles with strategy. They want everything NOW and FAST. Constant action, racking up kills out the wazoo, run-and-gun, CoD style. Once EA started dipping into the console world with BF, the series started going downhill, in my opinion. We try to do what we can to play BF4 at a more strategic pace, but unfortunately, the game's limitations and design only allow so much in that regard. So we make the best of it and have fun. That's my piece.

The new Rainbow 6 looks promising and has got me geeked. I'm defintiely going to be picking that up when it comes out and sinking my teeth into that one pretty deep.
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                      I'll buy it when it is 50% off. Until then ... not.
                      +1

Comment

I'd pay silly money for a realistic, first person Ghost Recon with a mission editor, I know that much.

Comment

That is a pretty slick looking trailer indeed. With all the emphasis on fast pace I'd be suprised if it would be played all that tactically. Some cross between this and SWAT would be great where you slow the action down a little on the planning side for sure. Then super intense moments of fighting. I could see this being more a sustained continuous never ending gun fest as per the trailer.

[MENTION=17094]Wicks[/MENTION]
                          Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          I'd pay silly money for a realistic, first person Ghost Recon with a mission editor, I know that much.
                          I'll accept Pay-Pal.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Had they chosen cowboys and indians I'd be all over it.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Played the initial beta (before they postponed release). Wasn't a fan of the some weapon implementations and mechanics (biggest gripe was range on shotguns). Cops and robbers...well I already have great games in my collection for that (Payday comes to mind). The limited beta players on just made it even more clear that BF players have even less interest in teamwork and squad work this time around. Felt more like Call of Duty MW3000 than Battlefield.

Going to pass unless TG ends up with a server and/or the game drops dramatically in price.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X