Hardline beta2 out now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardline beta2 out now...

I'm currently downloading the Hardline Beta 2 for both PC and XB1, still undecided about this game, so hopeing that I will know more after a few days of beta play. ;)

anyone else in? Platform?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Hardline beta2 out now...

Its free...I'm downloading now. I will give it a fair semi-unbiased play through. DL'ing for PC

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

It can be a fun game. Just remember that a car can't run through a building and your fine.:D
      You should realy try out HotWire. It can be a nice inbetween game.:)
      Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

DL'ing now as well just for some trial action
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

First impressions, sort of fun if you set aside it has Battlefield in the title, would have been better if they didn't use that name. The theme is ok, I only played for about half hour on one map but it was ok.

Now the not so good.

My GOD the sound and weapons are awful. JUST TERRIBLE. Everything sounds like it is made out of plastic. The M4 lookalike sounds horrible and shoots horrible. Shooting in this is not a pleasant experience. There appears to be some abomination of both visual recoil (which they got rid of in BF4, because it's garbage) and random cone of fire. Appearance wise it looked pretty crummy on high settings (locked) and very cartoony, the character models are poor. Not particularly impressed to be frank. It's not a reskin of BF4 that's for certain, BF4 doesn't look this ugly. The game modes could be fun so I will keep giving it a go here and there but not holding out much hope for this having any longevity, struck me very much on first impressions as a pretty amateurish novelty spin off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
            My GOD the sound and weapons are awful. JUST TERRIBLE. Everything sounds like it is made out of plastic. The M4 lookalike sounds horrible and shoots horrible. Shooting in this is not a pleasant experience. There appears to be some abomination of both visual recoil (which they got rid of in BF4, because it's garbage) and random cone of fire. Appearance wise it looked pretty crummy on high settings (locked) and very cartoony, the character models are poor. Not particularly impressed to be frank. It's not a reskin of BF4 that's for certain, BF4 doesn't look this ugly. The game modes could be fun so I will keep giving it a go here and there but not holding out much hope for this having any longevity, struck me very much on first impressions as a pretty amateurish novelty spin off.
            Pretty much sums it up. I will need more "trigger" time to make a better decision on it, but right now I'm not impressed.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I played all three modes, pretty damn fun... agree, should of never used it as a Battlefield title... I do find myself wanting to just go play BF4 while playing... I know it's still a beta, but BF4 seems more appropriate, fixed, and finsihed then this title for me... but still fun, especially with friends.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Wrote really long reply, and my connection timed out, bah.

I do have to say that Dust bowl on Conquest Large is a very well structured map for infantry play. Better than some of the maps that have com out lately for BF4. The That being said, the level lacks the destructibility that would normally be associated with a battlefield title. Dustbowl does not appear to have any destructible buildings. You can take out the windows, and a small section of fencing. The Game seems to be build around game modes to attract players from other games, rather than a really strong core game. Seems to be trying to attacket COD plays with Heist, GTA players with Hotwire, Rainbow 6 plays with Seige, etc.

The weapons sound absolutely terrible, but there is no pew-pew-pew spam from DMRS.

Aggressive recons have been nerfed with the lack of weapons, and they no longer have the spawn beacon. They appear to be restricted to Sniper Rifles and DMRS with Tugs, Claymore and decoy gadgets only. (with Stealth Training option they would make good aggressive recon class if they had more weapon options)

The "survivalist" gadget seems to be geared to the Heist mode.

The Mechanic has the Sabotage Gadget, specifically designed to create traps on enemy vehicles.

We have a new class of weapons called Battle rifles, rather than Assault rifles or Carbines. (Mechanic Class)
                ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Also the Frame Rate seems rather low considering the graphics quality, and lack of destructibility.
                  ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Hotwire mode is tons of fun, and FPS seem the same to me. They did say that lower end machines would probably suffer, though.

Comment

Also guns unlocks/purchases appear faction specific, and there does not appear to be equivalent weapons on the apposing factions.
                      Examples M16A3 for the police VS AKM for Robbers. Unlocking/purchasing the M16a3 for the police does not get you the AKM or any other weapon for the Robbers.

ehh appears there is an option to purchase a "weapon licenses" for 50k after 300 kills
                      ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Average 80-100 FPS on BF4 on high, currently getting 70-80 on hardline
                        ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Anyone else get a DirectX install error when trying to install it?

Comment

Just played a bit of the "Conquest" mode. Kinda silly, I think the other more game-specific modes works better, why would the police and criminals fight over territory?

Originally posted by chaos777b View Post
                            The weapons sound absolutely terrible, but there is no pew-pew-pew spam from DMRS.)
                            There were plenty of pwish sounds and I agree the sound is overall very bad. Turned it down low.
                            I kinda liked the last beta and the modes we played, but it seems the cartoonish look is here to stay which is a shame.
                            sigpic

Comment

My impressions...

Nope.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse