Infiltration of Shanghai

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infiltration of Shanghai

Has anyone been onto the new CTE map Infiltration of Shanghai? It's Siege of Shanghai converted into a night time map.

I jumped onto it last night just to see how it looked, overall I thought it looked like a fun map. Definitely a different environment all together. You can shoot out street lights and make certain areas darker, which I thought was a nice touch. I do wish that the map had been made darker so that you either have to rely on using a flashlight or using an IRNV or FLIR scope in game or hand flares. I'm curious to see what changes that Dice might make to it as well as any other maps that they may try to bring into the game.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Re: Infiltration of Shanghai

I want it. I really want night time maps.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

It would be great to have most of the maps with night-time versions because it would essentially make the game brand new almost without having to redo a whole lot of things. It would add a completely new dimension to the game. I hope they do it for most of the maps.
      pew pew

Comment

I think if they did less urban maps like Zavod or Rogue Transmission it could be fun. Lots of empty dark space to run around in.
        |TG6|Flarionice

Comment

long range guns would be harder to use as you really only have a 2X scope. The Tanks and APCs or aircraft will be scary, but a good recon with a PLD would finally be useful for truly scouting the area when you connect with the engineers and the rest of the team in general.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

That would be really awesome BeSiege. I just wish tanks and LAV's couldn't automatically see you whenever you use the PLD. I use it all the time but it's hard because they see me within 2 seconds of me locking them even from 200 meters.
            pew pew

Comment

Man, just think about what would happen if you lost track of your squad...

Comment

imagine playing night maps without any HUD at all. Actually....that sounds like am awesome TG password night waiting to happen. Split up into teams on TS so we can relay our positions to our teammates, sounds like fun to me.

Comment

would love night time infantry maps...

Comment

There was a night map in BF3 called "Death Valley" and it didn't seem to get very much love. It had a decent terrain design with various elevation points and good cover throughout most of the map too.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                      There was a night map in BF3 called "Death Valley" and it didn't seem to get very much love. It had a decent terrain design with various elevation points and good cover throughout most of the map too.
                      I liked that map...if I'm thinking of the same one. The one I remember was an urban map where the one side started way up high on a hill. Highway overpasses and underpasses, a rotary, gas station, low rise building under construction ...gameplay on this map was usually good.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I looked it up... The one I was thinking of is Tehran Highway.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Where can i play this Infiltration of Shanghai map?

Comment

It's on the Community Test Environment.
                            |TG6|Flarionice

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X