• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comunity Generated Maps/Create Your Own Battlefield 4 Map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8i3...ature=youtu.be

Thoughts ??
    ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Re: Comunity Generated Maps/Create Your Own Battlefield 4 Map

Good concept in theory, but I honestly don't have high hopes for this in practice. Color me cynical, but remember the last time they let the "community" have a say in maps? We got the Second Assault pack - all maps that the "community" voted for. There were so many better maps in BF3 that could've been brought back, but instead we got Gulf of Oman, Firestorm, Caspian Border and friggin' METRO, for crying out loud.

"Oh, but we added new avenues and routes and ELEVATORS to Metro." It's still Metro, it's still a bottleneck, it's still a tube-fest and it still sucks. That map should be restricted to small numbers. I like it when there's a small number of players. I played a GREAT round of Metro at some late hour on the server, the other night. Because of the low numbers, it was actually enjoyable. We could move, had great squad-play, we didn't have to worry about 30 people lobbing a constant barrage of 320s down every stairway and gobbing up an advance, and there were some tough, yet well fought fights to gain/or hold ground. It was one of the best rounds of Metro I've ever played.

Oman is lopsided and it was like that in BF3. Hold the beach and you win, regardless of what team you're on. Caspian is better, but D is still the central point that everybody gobs up on. Firestorm was probably the best map out of that pack.

But I digress........(and getting back on point. Sorry, went on a tangent)

My point is that the majority of the BF player base has changed. We, at TG, whom play BF, as well as all the other people who played BF seriously in the "glory days" (pre-BF3), are a small demographic now. A small demographic in the "sensible/we-want-quality-balanced-maps-that-allow-balanced-and-tactical-gameplay" category. Unfortunately, the rest of the player base is not like that, these days. To quote myself from another thread I posted in, about the current BF player base - They want everything NOW and FAST. Constant action, racking up kills out the wazoo, run-and-gun, CoD style. Plus LEVVVVEEEELLLLUUUUUTTTTION! Not a map like old school BF, where it was balanced, open, lots of room to play tactically and sensibly.....

Maybe I'm just being biased. More-so, I'd rather see mod-support and map editor tools and then we can do whatever we want. That'll never happen though. On the other hand, though I may seem that I'm shunning this idea off immediately - I am curious to see how this plays out. But I'm not holding my breath.
    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Chris Roberts just had a talk at the Dice summit about how getting the community involved is the way to go for game development. Hmmm... maybe this is our chance. Ok I want 2143 with tontons ! Oh wait I guess that would be for Battlefront, my bad.

Comment

I really like the newest maps. Room to maneuver.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Qwai River!!!!
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

How do I make the map?
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
              I'd rather see mod-support and map editor tools and then we can do whatever we want. That'll never happen though.
              Exactly!

Comment

I bet it will just be a "vote for these two options, look you helped" type deal. They will make some small meat grinder map and ask where we want the flags. Then say we built it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

EA secretly be like... Map Developers kit $299.99 per single computer, must be a Battlefield Premium member.
                  Please Be Warned...
                  If you see me... Im never alone....
                  My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

the last time they let us put decent enough maps into a BF game was in 2142... oh how long ago that was...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
                      EA secretly be like... Map Developers kit $299.99 per single computer, must be a Battlefield Premium member.
                      Honestly, if someone at TG was going to spend some real time making maps, I would chip in some $ for that to happen.
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm just happy to hear there are more maps coming for BF4.
                        |TG|Melee
                        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Should make a dense jungle map. That would be cool.
                          pew pew

Comment

full of hills and detours, the DMR and sniper bane map :P
                            |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
                            BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
                            Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                              Qwai River!!!!
                              That was an awesome map. The train tunnel. The big river. The temple on the hill. The foot bridge on the Eastern half of the map. Oh man did we have good rounds on that.

Do you guys remember Inishail Forest? That was a map made by a former 1st MIP member named Duke and he had a couple of other TGers involved. I believe it was eventually picked up by DICE and used in an expansion pack. That part I'm fuzzy on but I know we played it quite a bit here at TG.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed