Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 GB Patch Today

Looks alike a few cool changes here.
    Improving Battlefield 4: The Winter Update - News - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Netcode Improvements
    Major improvements have been made to the Battlefield 4 network layer. Making the “Netcode” better allows for a more exact multiplayer experience for all participants, and this has been done in various ways. For instance, we’ve done long range network updates by adding a cone to the High Frequency Update (30hz), illustrated in the image below.

Other Netcode improvements we’ve done:

Network prioritization and filtering has been improved. This now prioritizes health/damage, enemy players and vehicles above all.
    Vehicles now use a larger (front) hemi-sphere shape for collision improvements
    Aiming down sights, or zooming in sitting in a vehicle or on foot, utilizes an even longer range cone for better target acquisition at a distance
    Required bandwidth close to cut in half: Players with less stellar network connections should get a significant improvement, now able to use the High Frequency Update.

Squad Obliteration game mode
    We’re adding a new competitive game mode called Squad Obliteration with the Winter Patch. In this mode the fast paced, objective based gameplay of the original Obliteration is scaled down to 5 vs 5 size – balanced and perfected for competitive play. Here are the major differences from the original Obliteration mode:

Squad Obliteration/Obliteration differences

No vehicles, no parachute spawns
    Secondary base spawns are made available
    First team to destroy two out of three bases wins the round
    Bomb carrier position is only known to the enemy team if spotted

Re: 1.3 GB Patch Today

This looks like some neat improvements. I look forward to seeing how the netcode will affect my connection.
    sigpic

Comment

So I got on for the first time in what feels like months, and I found that on the 2 maps I played (TDM for warm up) that my netcode was much better. Kill ratio was just a little better than 1:1 which I feel is pretty decent for these stiff fingers. Over all each round felt very smooth each shot going where I was putting them. I look forward to getting on our server and seeing how I fair against the rest of you now.
      sigpic

Comment

Hopefully this will fix my crashing that has started up over the last couple weeks. Can hardly get through a round without crashing with the error - Game disconnected: connection to the server timed out. Will try it out later when I'm home.

If it doesn't, have any of you experienced the same error occurring almost every round? Any fixes?
        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

The full changelog is here:

[ALL PLATFORMS] Game - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

"new premium maps" we may have to run them to look
            |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
            BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
            Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

for consoles it's 3.0 GB patch... go fiquer... wonder why the 2 platforms are so different with install size and updates.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

may have to do with compression, it's possible that it's much easier to compress on pc than on console

Comment

VEHICLES
                  - All helicopters have new more agile physics applied (you can do both barrel rolls and loops!)
                  Uh-Oh
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

- In combat system now temporarily disables Medic Bag healing based on damage taken and incoming suppression increase

Don't like this change. If I have a medic near me, and you don't, I should be able to take advantage of that, and suppression still needs to make it's exit from the game all together.

Comment

Dude ! As a light machine gunner I love the suppression feature. I'm typically back a bit, usually on overwatch...and I just love to let loose a feckload of rounds to suppress the enemy as my squad mates move in for the CQB kill. It does suck to be surpressed...I will grant you.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

That's why they put supression in the first place, to force people head down while teammate flank and eliminate, it's pretty realistic

Comment

They put it in because you can't simulate the fear of steel rain when respawn is 20 seconds away, so instead fuzzy drunk screen for everyone.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

- In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat
                            So now if you are the last one alive you are S.O.L until you are free and clear? Don't know if I like that. I like the ability to hot spawn on the SL if the poo has hit the fan to support him.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Have to get use to the tracers all guns seem to have now, I wonder what the balancing issue they were trying to resolve with it?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X