Few Questions about in game chat 'Commands'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions about in game chat 'Commands'

I'm wondering if we have a list somewhere of the chat commands (procon?) we have on the bf4 server currently.
    Ones like:
    !nextmap = displays next map on rotation.
    @rules = displays server rule list.

I know a recent addon was one that allows an SL to give the slot to another player in group. What is it?

We also now seem to get an automated admin response after reporting using the !admin line. Good stuff.
    Is squad chat still something most playing admins will see or should I be placing reports into the all channel for better visibility?

Maybe there's a line to put in that displays the available options? I'll get questions from players time to time and would like a list to refer to.

Re: Few Questions about in game chat 'Commands'

Re the reporting. If we have procon up we can see squad chat. With the new system we will get alerts in game when you report players so we will almost ALWAYS see the report. That being said, we still recommend using squad chat to report. This keeps the reported player from trying to start a flame war in chat and getting everyone else involved as well. It also helps if you are reporting a suspected hacker. I can't tell you how many times someone reported in all chat and then watch the reported player leave or suddenly start playing terrible now that we are watching. Don't tip them off please ;) use squad chat.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I think I'll bring back @help. It was a directory of everything. It never got used previously but there is enough commands out there now that it may be more useful.

We could probably use a detailed writeup somewhere in a sticky too though.

edit: @help is back - try it
      Last edited by FBmantis; 03-09-2015, 06:43 PM.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Nice!!! I had no idea about the !givelead playername thing or being able to invite someone to your squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          Re the reporting. If we have procon up we can see squad chat. With the new system we will get alerts in game when you report players so we will almost ALWAYS see the report. That being said, we still recommend using squad chat to report. This keeps the reported player from trying to start a flame war in chat and getting everyone else involved as well. It also helps if you are reporting a suspected hacker. I can't tell you how many times someone reported in all chat and then watch the reported player leave or suddenly start playing terrible now that we are watching. Don't tip them off please ;) use squad chat.
          Good to know about the new alert, I would sometimes go check on TS and playing in-game admins hadn't seen it.

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
          I think I'll bring back @help. It was a directory of everything. It never got used previously but there is enough commands out there now that it may be more useful.

edit: @help is back - try it
          Great stuff, just what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            I'll copy-paste-edit one for BF4 here when I'm done with the one for the admins. :)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X