No announcement yet.

A clarification on firing in/out of bounds and AT on infantry

This topic is closed.
This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] A clarification on firing in/out of bounds and AT on infantry

Lately we've seen quite a bit of chatter, both in teamspeak and in-game, about folks firing in/out of main. I'd like to clarify a few things:

Battlefield 4's map layouts don't gel very well with our main base rules. The flags are often very close to the uncap, and the out-of-bounds limits are different for both teams so you may think you're out of main when you're not and vice versa. The admins have been trying to deal with this as best we can, but the constant reports are getting a bit out of hand. So here's the deal...

If someone is firing in or out of the main base, withdraw and give them some time to move on. Ask them politely in chat to stop. If they won't listen or are ignoring you, then report them to an admin. Please stop reporting players in teamspeak or in chat every time someone breaks a rule, try to educate them yourselves first.

Please come find an admin when someone is...
    - blatantly camping with a sniper, mortar, artillery, AA, etc inside the main
    - sitting at the edge of the main in armor, falling back every time they're hit
    - attacking assets clearly inside the main before they have a chance to move out
    - you've asked them to stop multiple times and they're completely ignoring you

Otherwise please take it upon yourselves to be cordial, patient, and educate the offending party. Please don't yell at that person or make fun of their mother. Make them aware of our rules and ask them to politely stop firing in/out. I guarantee that 99% of the time they are simply unaware. If they continue we're ready to step in and deal with the situation further. Remember, if someone is outside the main and goes back in to repair, they're fair game.

Regarding use of anti-tank weapons; there is no rule here at TG that disallows using AT on infantry and I understand that there has been quite a bit of confusion on this matter. Our primer states the following:
    Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.
    If someone fires their rocket because infantry popped out in front of them, or you use an RPG to take out a sniper nest that is realistic and no problem. If they are sitting on a rooftop spamming it, then their actions go against the primer. They should then be asked to stop and reported to the admins if they don't listen.

I want a healthy environment here at TG where people want to play in accordance with our primer, not live in fear that players and admins will smack them down the second they go against it. This goes for everything, not just base camping. The key thing here is to prevent players from abusing the system, not to punish those who are unaware.
    Last edited by thegreatnardini; 03-10-2015, 08:36 PM.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed