Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardline stats - very telling

Imgur

Hardline Launches with 5k people playing on PC, BF4 launched with 125k people playing on PC. OUCH
    BF3 stills has more players online than the Hardline had at launch (on PC)
    ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Re: Hardline stats - very telling

Originally posted by chaos777b View Post
    Imgur

Hardline Launches with 5k people playing on PC, BF4 launched with 125k people playing on PC. OUCH
    BF3 stills has more players online than the Hardline had at launch (on PC)
    Originally posted by Possible conversation going on at EA
    "Bu- bu- bu- bu- but Hardline was the same thing as the rest of the series right? Well obviously this means that people are tired of the Battlefield franchise as a whole. So therefore we are going to hold on to the rights and code preventing people from making mods and at the same time stop any development on the entire franchise. If people try we will sue them because we worked hard copying other peoples ideas and forcing it on a genre and/or series that doesn't need it!"
    Bye bye BF2143! Hello Battlefront: Hardline!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

I don't think it was out yet in Europe when that screengrab was taken. Not saying its doing very well but it is up above 20,000 now.(which is still lower than current bf4)

Battlefield Hardline Stats
      Battlefield 4 Stats

Next gen console players appear to have bought into it while pc players are staying away. Not too surprising imo given the direction they went in.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Price point could be a factor as well. $19 standard/$29 deluxe may have triggered those on the fence vs $59 standard/$69 deluxe. May get a bump when the price drops a few months from now.

:icon_frow
        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
        sigpic

Comment

no matter what you guys say... Its a GREAT game single player and mulitplayer....

Single player is 5-6+ hours.... unlike C.o.d 3-4 hours... (GHOST was only 3 hours for me)

Multiplayer BF4 Scale with near identical mechanics to BF3... UNIQUE MODES... Still fun

I like it at least.

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Price point could be a factor as well. $19 standard/$29 deluxe may have triggered those on the fence.
          Worth $60

You guys that say its not worth it?

What about Evolve....
          What about Assassin's Creed Unity...
          What about The Order 1886... lol
          What about Destiny!

$60 games that don't offer near as much as Battlefield: Hardline...

I mean... $19 for a 6+ hour.. Highly Replayable... Campagin on release? Thats kind of a ripoff on the creator's side... YOU may be happy... but they wont seeing how their game... the one they spent years making is worth less than a few gallons of gas??

Cmon..... cmooonnn..... Thats like you ordering a pizza for $10 and only getting a box with a grease stain.
          Please Be Warned...
          If you see me... Im never alone....
          My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

lol leader, you should switch from game design to sales/marketing ;-)

:icon_frow
            |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
            sigpic

Comment

where does $60.00 come into it? I don't think EA do conversion rates, they just change the symbol in front of the number.

If the complete experience was going to cost me 40.00 ($60.00) I'd be in on it in a flash and I think a lot more people would be too. Hell I'd probably be willing to pay 60.00 for the complete experience.

But we all know its pointless just buying the base game. It would cost me just over 99.00 for the complete Hardline experience.

Thats what? ... US $147.00 ... yeah... not worth it.
              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

I bought it and I love it. It's something different for me. I don't like playing one type of game for any extended period of time as I get bored of it too fast. That's why I rotate between mostly Arma 3 and BFH now. Hell, even re-installed PR :D

Comment

Using example games that provide less "time value" and cost a similar amount at launch is not a good way to recommend a game. "It is not as bad as these worse games!" Half empty, half full. Time as a metric of enjoyment which is what most people are looking to receive from money invested in entertainment is not a good approach by itself either.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Yeah, and to be fair, a lot of people seemed to have turned their nose up to this game, without even trying the beta in February. Quite a few folks seem to be under the impression this is DLC, and should of been treated as such, but that's just unfair. It's a full game, with a full amount of features. It has a couple meh maps, but the others are solid, similar to BF4's launch.

Comment

What scares me the most is losing BF4 ppl to Hardline. BF4 still got some juice in it.
                      I would love to play a game that was a mix of both BF4 and PR. I like the tactical gameplay of PR, but not the cat & mouse hunt. Unless everyone abandons BF4, Hardline will have to wait.
                      Proud 5th Alum

/DaVinci_Q

Comment

Cool thing about it, is that you can play both. I am regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post

Worth $60

You guys that say its not worth it?

What about Evolve....
                          What about Assassin's Creed Unity...
                          What about The Order 1886... lol
                          What about Destiny!
                          Good thing none of those games are worth $30, let alone $60.

That's just my opinion though. Play whatever you find fun.

Comment

The same happened with 2142. People saied it was a DLC, but it was full priced. This is mainly because people want it, but don't want to buy for it.
                            See it as another fork in the BF franchise.:)
                            Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Haanstra View Post
                              The same happened with 2142. People saied it was a DLC, but it was full priced. This is mainly because people want it, but don't want to buy for it.
                              See it as another fork in the BF franchise.:)

I realize you're not the one saying that but it always confuses me to hear that. By that logic, BF4 is far more of a DLC over BF3 than Hardline is compared with BF4. Hardline is much more of a standalone game.
                              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X