Event Idea Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Idea Thread

Hey folks after the fun of infantry only and the even more fun of ZOMBIE mod! We are looking for more ideas to do fun nights and events. So if you have any ideas post them up and if we can get the people to show we will try them out!

Re: Event Idea Thread

Here's one that I've seen tossed around that (I think) we tried in an earlier scrim, or at least something similar:

Classic BF2 Mode:

Each kit gets one gun from that class, which can be changed based on group decision. Last time we did open weapons, as long as it was iron sights and heavy barrel. (ie, assult gets an AR, recon a sniper*, engi a PDW, support LMG) *This would obviously be changed because snipers are annoying. Carbines could serve as a replacement.
    Everyone runs Iron sights and a heavy barrel, no grips, no attachments
    M67 Frags only

Also, a for the giggles round that would probably just be annoying: gadgets only.

Underslung launchers for assault class
    C4, claymores, suav for recon
    Airburst, mortars, claymores, c4, shields for support
    Repair torch, rockets for engis
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Snipers only.
      pew pew

Comment

Return of my Dentist mode.
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          Return of my Dentist mode.
          The reference?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

For smaller player counts:

Tug of War. Chain Link or regular conquest. Each team has to cap flags in order. Team 1 (A->B->C->D->E->F->G etc) and Team 2 (G->F->E->D.....). Teams will likely meet in the other and have to push the other team back.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
              For smaller player counts:

Tug of War. Chain Link or regular conquest. Each team has to cap flags in order. Team 1 (A->B->C->D->E->F->G etc) and Team 2 (G->F->E->D.....). Teams will likely meet in the other and have to push the other team back.
              Or in a similar light, playing Frontlines. Pick a linear map (Zavod, Locker, Metro, Propaganda) and make it so that each team has to have each 'layer' of flags before they can push onto more flags.
              |TG6|Flarionice

Comment

How does that differ from Drunk's suggestion?
                |TG|Melee
                Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I can't read. I thought drunk had only suggested Chain Link. My mistake.
                  |TG6|Flarionice

Comment

I threw in chainlink because it generally has more flags than conquest. Downsides to chainlink are that flags are closer together, maps limited to one DLC, and flags turn much quicker

Comment

Realism mode :
                      Large conquest maps with flanking routes (Giants, Dragon Pass, Altai, Hammerhead, Whiteout)

Server settings would be Hardcore with these modifications:
                      -Minimap spotting off (this should get rid of enemies showing up on big map). Focus on calling out targets.
                      -Respawn time drastically increased
                      -Increase man down timer to compensate for respawn timer
                      -Limit gun add-ons similar to internal scrim (no flir etc so smoke is useful)
                      -One sniper per team (sniper should be one of the weaker ones at range like FYJS/SR338 so they can't dominate with one hit kills all over the place. Role will be more for calling out targets)
                      -If we want to do armor could we modify it on the map like we did for flood zone? Either way increase respawn time as high as possible
                      -Might have to remove MAV (might be OP in this mode) and if we do that we would need to get rid of beacons as well. Or we could leave them and enemy would need to run stingers to counter MAV

Obviously this would have to be run in custom so we would need to figure out that right map size to player count

Anyone...feel free to make modifications to this

Comment

I had fun on the scrim but wasn't prepared for the short rounds or iron sights only. Still it was fun.

Next time I'd like to see Conquest Large with a higher ticket count...something like 2000 or tickets or so that will enable us to play the conquest round for the full time limit of the map.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                          The reference?
                          I believe he was referring to one match we had in Bad Company 2 where everyone had to use the engineer tool.

Comment

Shield vs LMGs

Auto balance off, large team of guys with shields only trying to take out small squad of guys with LMGs(or whatever, no explosives). Respawns for shields no respawning for LMGs. Game is over when all LMGs are dead. Probably best played on one of the small map mode types.

Drunk, MAV is so boss OP I 'd say ask people to not use it and substitute in the SUAV instead for scouting.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

The dentist mode is ..One person is IT ! They have to cary pistol. Everyone else chases that person with repair touch(dentist tool) So much fun.
                              sigpic
                              *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X