Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Commander App Phased Out

From Battlelog News:

This is not an easy choice, but we believe the time is right to retire the mobile app as we’re seeing more of our Commanders playing on PC and console. This change means that you’ll no longer be able to download the app from Apple Store or Google Play starting today, April 28th. However, if you have the app downloaded already, you can continue to play it on mobile devices until August 11th. Additionally, this change does not affect in any way the in-game Commander mode experience. You will still be able to take the command and lead your team to victory on your PC and consoles!
    Mobile Commanders, You Served the Battle Well - News - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

I suppose the cost to continue updating the app wasn't worth it for EA.

Re: Mobile Commander App Phased Out

I'll miss the app. Great way to entertain myself on long travel soccer weekends with 6 hour waits between games.

Comment

agreed... I played as Commander a lot on my iPad... while at work... hell if I'm home on PC or Console, I'd rather just play the game. I will miss it. But I also understand why.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

The commander App was something they promoted a fair amount when BF4 launched so it never feels great when they
        start to turn the lights off on features, hopefully they invest some time into the in-game version of commander because of it.

"Please note that the Battle report history slider feature below will be discontinued soon (2015-05-28 at the earliest)"
        (This is the main page slider on battlelog that you can see historical skill data for your soldier.)

I wonder if anything else is being trimmed out.

Comment

I think there should be a distinctive beep when the commander comes on to talk to you, other wise you might think it is one of your squad mates talking.

Comment

they are trimming features to upset us enough to give up on Bf4 and switch to hardline to recoup their losses because the game didn't do well.

#BF4Conspiracy #HL3Confirmed

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              they are trimming features to upset us enough to give up on Bf4 and switch to hardline to recoup their losses because the game didn't do well.

#BF4Conspiracy #HL3Confirmed
              Just like the Great Disconnect of 2009 that EA perpetrated to make us switch to a different BF title.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Wow. Here I was about to try the app and now they've discontinued it before I even got the chance. :(

Originally posted by OldGunney
                I think there should be a distinctive beep when the commander comes on to talk to you, other wise you might think it is one of your squad mates talking.
                Why? You don't get that in other games with a command element (I'm thinking of Arma). I often do something like "Alpha One, Command, new orders...blah...blah...blah." when I talk to SLs in BF. They know what squad they are (if they don't know already) and who is talking to them.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I played a few rounds last night via the app. Had a blast with crazy ping. Dropping dem bombs!!!!!
                  "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Aren't you overseas?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      Aren't you overseas?
                      He has a tablet and internet. What more does he need to keep in touch with us? Oh right, a real gaming PC/laptop and a mic! :/
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

well, there is TS on android

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                          well, there is TS on android
                          Does he have a Android phone though?
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

what about a tablet?

Comment

TS is on Android and stuff but its not free...
                              Please Be Warned...
                              If you see me... Im never alone....
                              My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X