Do I sound loud enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I sound loud enough?

So over the past year or so I've been using a Corsair Vengeance 1400 (Analog) headset and quite a few have complained that I'm too soft. So I decided to finally do a sound recording. It's linked below, so judge for yourself. I think I sound fine.

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-kwan-3...st-loud-enough

Am I loud enough in the recording? Does anyone else have a Corsair Vengeance headset that can chime in if this is on par?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Do I sound loud enough?

On your end check your microphone level in the audio properties panel and move it up incrementally. You'll find a balance between being heard and picking up case fan noise and keyboard clicks.

The file sounds on par to what I hear in game and TS from you. As far as battlefield goes the others players settings have alot to do with hearing you. The audio settings: 'voip reduces volume' being turned off and 'voip volume' being less than 100% are big ones. I also run my master setting lower (60) although I'm not sure if that knocks voip volume down as well, I don't think so.

Comment

My mic levels are actually at 100% along with the mic boost enabled.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

As squinty said, a lot of people have their volume mixes a bit messed up on their end as well. I have some sliders on my headset that balance between game and chat, and that has solved the issue for me hearing most people. Occasionally a tank explodes in my face and yes, someone will have to repeat themselves, but 99% of the time as long as your mic level is fine and they can hear you out of combat, it's up to them to fix it for themselves in combat. Your volume sounds good.

Comment

I noticed a lot of people have issues with sound constantly lowering of games when using Teamspeak so that might be an issue as well. A good thing to do is to check your sound in Control Panel>Sound>Communications

It should say: When Windows detects communications activity:
          Select "Do Nothing"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...