Server Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Lag

Does anyone know what causes the server lag on the TG server? Was playing Firestorm map last night with Lunn and noticed my FPS seemed to drop to what looked to be 10 frames per sec. Very choppy. My gun was stuttering. Since I have a G15 keyboard I pulled up the Logitech Performance Monitor and it showed my CPU usage as being normal. Some other players were complaining too about the lag.

The effect does go away eventually. Is this punkbuster going through the player list?

Re: Server Lag

There have been some lag issues in the past but I didn't notice anything personally on Firestorm last night, was running fine on my end...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Gunney, Firestorm also kills my frame rate (I drop down to 10 or some at certain points like crane falling, oil lighting on fire etc). I think it is a map specific issue. I don't have issues on other maps and run at 60+ fps.

Comment

DrunkenSoul, I wonder if it has anything to do with the type of hard drive the computer is on. I have a standard one myself, no SSD yet. I was on Echo flag when I observed the problem.

Comment

I don't think HDD vs. SSD would make any difference. I run on an SSD and have lag issues on certain maps. Firestorm is one of them that usually runs slow. There is also a lot of server lag whenever we play on Lost Islands.
          |TG6|Flarionice
          Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Flario, the reason I mentioned the HDD was in case the slow down was a cause of punkbuster looking on the drive. I got the lag last night and looked down to check the HDD light and it didn't come on. Also the CPU performance didn't seed to be effected.

Comment

Experienced lag again last night after not seeing it since replacing my quad core with a six core CPU processor. Wasn't that bad. My frame rate dropped from 60fps to 30fps. Was hearing other folks complaining during previous map, then it got to me. Lasted about 60 seconds. I really suspect it must be either punk buster or something going on with the server. Maybe the kick script?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X