Suggestion for next Battlefield game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for next Battlefield game

I'd really like to have the voip directional! If a squad mate is on my left side, then I would expect to hear him in my left earpiece. Anyone know if they are working on this?

Re: Suggestion for next Battlefield game

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
    I'd really like to have the voip directional! If a squad mate is on my left side, then I would expect to hear him in my left earpiece. Anyone know if they are working on this?
    My guess: probably not. Positional audio has fallen to the waistside the last few years. There was a craze for it back in the old Far Cry 1 days, but very few developers jumped on. It would be nice to have.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Would be nice to have but not going to happen. There are a lot of features that would be nice (SL being able to talk to Commander when they aren't the squad selected, vehicle voip, etc) but the reality is the majority of users will not use these functions so we won't get them in the game. We still don't have a compass in hardcore which is a simple add.

I believe Squad will have directional VOIP

Comment

Good point about Squad Drunk but I'm not sure we'll see large numbers migrating from BF4. Longer rounds and (hopefully) a need for more strategic approach will define the player base. In Squad I think we'll see more game play akin to the old days of PR...maybe not so much the 2 & 3 hour rounds but something longer and more sustained than the 20-40 minute rounds of BF4 we see today. I'm looking forward to it.

Can someone tell me again why PR isn't currently played at TG? I think the engine still goes back to BF2 and the graphics are dated but is that the only reason? I moved on from PR to ARMA a year or two before it died on the vine at TG so I wasn't really in the loop at the end.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
          We still don't have a compass in hardcore which is a simple add.
          That has been a big problem for me too. Since I don't have a fancy mouse with extra buttons on it I could map the MAP to, I really cant picture which direction players are referring to.

Comment

Grunt 70, we in the Arma area play TacBF which is like PR for Arma 3. You're welcome to join us while we wait for Squad to arrive.

(End of shameless advertisement)

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
              That has been a big problem for me too. Since I don't have a fancy mouse with extra buttons on it I could map the MAP to, I really cant picture which direction players are referring to.
              Bind it to Tab

Comment

The Tab key is for the scoreboard so I can see how I'm doing. It's like a mirror for us vain guys!

Comment

Project reality
                  Please Be Warned...
                  If you see me... Im never alone....
                  My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X