Not feeling it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not feeling it

For some reason I just don't feel battlefield 4 on our server as of late. I am not here to be the Debby-downer, but I feel like something is off.

I hear things like "it isn't balanced" and the "player base sucks." Now, those things are out of our hands, but it also seems to me that we've run into a larger group of non-TG'ers that have been more or less trolls. Tonight for example, a player kept saying things like "come on TG" which was followed by a few other things. But the problem that seems to be driving some TG'ers away relates to the uncoordinated masses that now inhabit the server.

I am posing a question that somebody asked earlier "what happened to the other TG'ers." It feels like a number of them have gone elsewhere and it just feels a little too off.

What are the options available to us?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Not feeling it

Ok, what is the point of this vague post. This is a semi regular occurrence where you jump on a server and then state something 'doesn't feel right' to YOU but don't really say anything concrete. You don't really point out any issues, you don't point to a problem, you don't suggest a solution to your 'mystery' problem.

If its attendance of regular TG members, well its summer nearly, new games are out etc. Plus having new people on our server is good and many on the BF4 server who are 'new' to you are not in fact 'new' to TG or the BF4 server at all and have been here a while.

If you have an issue spit it out or save it for your diary, jeez.

Comment

I've seen many times where the server is full, but populated by about only 30% TG. When that happens then the command structure breaks down and the squads are pretty much on their own. Very seldom do I see a commander. A lot of the time most of the players don't even speak even though they have a mic symbol showing they have one. I really don't know where all the TG players have gone to. Judy and I are still here doing the seeding in the evening with a few others.

Comment

I don't really see the issue here. People come and people go, it happens. The way the server goes each night varies. Sure, I'll prefer a night where the server is 50% TG and everyone is together on Voip, but if that's not there, that's how it goes. You keep playing the game, trying to get through it, have some fun. There's no point in complaining about it just because something is a bit different.

And in terms of non-TG and trolls. It's a public server, it's going to happen. If there's an issue with someone, let them know, if they don't take notice or don't do anything about it, we have an admin team to handle it.
        |TG6|Flarionice
        Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Some nights are better than others but any night at tg is better than anywhere else imho.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

All titles at TG go through this cycle. It gets really big, then settles down, then booms back up a month or so later. It is just human nature. People want to play something else for a bit, but then they start to feel that little nag in the back of their minds and come back to their favorite title. It happens, ESPECIALLY with summer right around the corner.

As for players trolling, you know the drill. Report it to the admins. Even if we aren't in game it doesn't mean we aren't watching. I know every time I am on my PC with people on the server I have procon up even if I'm playing a different game.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I was playing last night with Melee squad leading and had a lot of fun. I tell ya what we really need is the old Commander mode back from BF2142. Players were actually fighting to be commander. Only the most senior player would get the position. Now, you have to back out of the game to get into the commander seat. I just tried it out today and was dissatisfied with what I could do. Not very intuitive as to what to do. I see they have changed it so that you only see the squad leaders name. I did Vehicle scans. Didn't see any change on vehicles showing up unexpectedly. Same with the infantry scans. And I didn't see any way to zoom in on the battlefield.

Comment

There should be a way to go to commander mode from in game. Try ESC>Teams>take command, I think. In commander mode mouse scroll wheel zooms in and out. You can go all the way into a "satellite" type view.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Seriously thinking about getting a new PC and back into this title... Miss the TG-centric games, and playing in general.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Originally posted by thedogwarrior View Post
                    Seriously thinking about getting a new PC and back into this title... Miss the TG-centric games, and playing in general.
                    I think my eyes might be covered in crusties. Did I just see dog post something in here?

Hi, dog. How are you?

Actually nice to see some of the former 8th poking their head in.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                      There should be a way to go to commander mode from in game. Try ESC>Teams>take command, I think. In commander mode mouse scroll wheel zooms in and out. You can go all the way into a "satellite" type view.
                      I just saw it Namebot. You hit Escape to get to the Change Squads Window and it is right up top where it says "Squad" and "Commander". If you click on Commander then you can elect to enter Commander mode for your team.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you in game again Dog ! Meow !
                        sigpic
                        *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X