Commander Mode Revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Mode Revisited

Been trying out the commander mode recently. Viewing some YouTube videos on the subject and I saw where video where the poster had a short clip on both commanders firing off cruise missiles. However, when I play it only one side gets the cruise missile if his side gets the flag associated with it. Was that a recent patch change?

Found out about the High Value Target. The server only allows the commander to assign the HVT to an enemy that has a kill streak of 5 or more. And I think you have to keep clicking on individual enemies to find those with a high kill streak or do that flash or something?

Seemed that only the Normal mode servers have squad leaders that actually ask for a UAV or supply drop. Wonder if this is due to the Hard Core servers not caring about the commander slot.

Re: Commander Mode Revisited

Commander more effective in Normal then Hardcore. Minimap is there so quicker then pressing M to see the map every 5 seconds.
    Please Be Warned...
    If you see me... Im never alone....
    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

I think by now though everyone is used to quickly bringing up the big map off and on all game...Commander mode needs a lot of work. Giving commander assets based of taking certain flags,not the best idea...Its hard enough to get squads to follow orders without them thinking "oh he just wants cruise missiles "
      I think if a commander was the only one able to give a squad a beacon...that would help this game.....Way to many beacons makes for a fast arcade type game. Say the beacon for a squad takes 5 min to recharge before being able to deploy it would make things more tatical,slow things down a bit and more import for a sqaud leader to stay alive for spawn point.

Comment

I rarely use the Map button while in game. If I bring up the map I leave myself vulnerable to attack while I am looking at the map and I have to look down to see where on the keyboard the "M" key is to bring up the map and to take it down. Yes, I know, you guys got special mouse for the map key. I'm playing with the setup that most casual BF4 players have installed.

I've stopped using the mortar now that there is a huge delay in being able to set it up. I think it's 60 secs and when I do put it down only get one round off before some MAV takes it out. How stupid is that? A flying drone should not be able to zap a metal tube firing mortars.

Comment

dont have map key on mouse,i made it the G key so i could get to it quickly though and never have it up for more then a second or two

Comment

I think the concept with the MAV taking out mortars is that since they are remote controlled an EMP attack would disrupt that control.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X