Team DeathMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team DeathMatch

How hard would it be to make our server run TDM during the day, then switch over to "the normal" stuff when everyone starts getting on during the night?

Re: Team DeathMatch

That would make a bunch of us "Regular" players happy so we don't have to play on the "****Bucket" server. I'm referring to Lunn, Rockford, Nardini, CaptFancyPants and myself.

Comment

It should be relatively simple. Do you guys play on that server for TDM or because other players are there at that time of day and you feel no pressure to worry about making the teams even? Cause putting TDM on our server doesn't make the second happen right away.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

We go there to play TDM and because people are on at that time of day that also play TDM. It would be nice to cut out the extra crap that one has to deal with being on another server. Swearing, name calling, and general juvenile things. It would also be nice to play other maps. Not sure on the making teams even? Sometimes we win and other times we loose but for all of us to get on at one time is rare. It would be nice to see a bunch of TG on one server head to head.

In the end it would be tactical gamer play style on a TDM server. That's the end goal.

Did I answer your question?

Comment

ooooooooooooooo, Could we do a classic mode too, something different, Just iron sights across all weapons, or just 1x red dots? Go old school.

Comment

oh, and no snipers

Comment

two thirds of the players in TM are using sniper rifles. Yeah, no snipers.

Comment

Haha, now you are adding more complications!
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  ooooooooooooooo, Could we do a classic mode too, something different, Just iron sights across all weapons, or just 1x red dots? Go old school.
                  na FLIR only. apparently it is the only way people know how to play this game since the recent patches.

(only half joking)

Domination might make more sense on our servers to run rather than TDM. TDM is not tactical at all and spawn points are terrible. I guess you could say this about both domination and TDM but teamstacking would be a problem.
                  Last edited by DrunkenSoul; 07-01-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Domination could work well, I like that idea. And flir only is about all I see any more since they made it even better then it was, *i just noticed they get a range finder on the thermals too* Dice needs to re think the game they are making. This is not COD.

Anyways, more complications or just making more sense?

Comment

Managing the maplist(s) is one plugin and managing kit restrictions is another. I am unsure if there is a setup that can make them dependent on one another so having kit restrictions in place for just a seeding maplist and then off for the prime time one may prove complicated.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Just a reminder that attempting to modify available attachments will render the server unranked. In addition I don't know if it even functions correctly, last I checked it didn't. Only mentioning it as it was asked about in the thread.

Comment

So messing with attachments "unranks" the server but messing with guns does not?

If that is the case then removing snipers and dmrs would eliminate alot of FLIR and IRNV use since they are mainly used for one shot kill shots in hardcore and would move the game play to a true shooter type experience.

Comment

Iirc The sniper limit works by killing the player over a prescribed limit, effectively its a script. Changing what attachments are available is a preemptive action that must be done via the server controls, doesn't work in procon (Admin Tool) and DICE in their wisdom don't allow you to alter those kind of variables and run as ranked.

These problems came up at the launch of BF4 at TG and factored into our switch to Hardcore. I did explain this regularly back then as it was very frustrating for everybody. I haven't checked in avwhile but I highly doubt that situation has changed.

Comment

We won't be hosting a TDM server (or setting it up to run TDM during the day) for a few reasons. However if you see an admin on feel free to ask them to put on some TDM maps. We did it earlier today and had a good showing until it was populated enough for conquest.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X