Recent patch and FLIR grief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent patch and FLIR grief

I've been away from BF4 for a spell (Witcher3); coming back I found a new patch in effect. Besides nerfing grips, the patch tweaked FLIR sights. I've heard a fair bit of grief about it; people think it is now OP.

Personally, I noticed that it is awesome at identifying targets. Perhaps a bit to awesome. Aim time is quick, effective range is huge, and it is not easily blinded. Also, there is a rangefinder.

INRV does not seem as OP, mainly due to limited range.

It appears the devs intended to make these sights work as originally intended the latest patch.

What do you think?

Re: Recent patch and FLIR grief

PLD is completely useless now; you can't see heat signatures if someone is more than 40 feet away from you, yet cars, turrets and the like are as bright as the sun.
    pew pew

Comment

I only use flashlight and flares anyways....
      Please Be Warned...
      If you see me... Im never alone....
      My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Witcher 3 is mad decent.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the FLIR is less easy to pick out targets. Range also seems to have decreased (subjective testing). The background is a lot brighter/whiter than before and body heat signatures seem to blend more.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

way op!!!! Witcher is pretty good though. Haven't picked it up in a bit though, kind of repetious

Comment

There are times when 50% of the players on the server are running FLIRs. I am forced to run flares and flashlight/laser most of the time as Leader mentioned.

Comment

And let me tell you; flares, flashlights and lasers are very effective against FLIRs. Flashlights/lasers are blinding even at a significant distance. Sometimes though, FLIR is just very effective. Particularly at spotting the enemy in dark or forested environments. Those guys who like to crouch in a dark corner become quite easy to spot.

Now, about those OP flash bangs...
                |TG|Melee
                Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

FLIR being as over effective as it now is, basically a wall hack that doesn't work on walls but renders nearly everyone not behind 4 feet of concrete visible and highlighted plus shotguns being the new snipoor rifles of choice (even with buckshot loaded) and all weapons firing obnoxious, super big tracers makes me wonder what DICE are smoking. Prior to the spring patch the game was nearly there, bit more recoil for full auto AR's and LMG's and it would have been perfect. But oh no, they had to apply their genius touch to the game lol. As if 2 years of Community feedback and patches hasn't shown them they haven't a clue they went for it anyway,

Comment

I agree that all tracer rounds is just plain stupid. Who in the real world fires nothing but tracer rounds?
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Recently I was killed in game by sniper using a 2x FLIR scope. "WTF" I said to myself.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

BattleFlir4 yo... Primary Attachment? Flashlight..
                        Please Be Warned...
                        If you see me... Im never alone....
                        My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

I'm gonna be honest: I've been having fun recently on pub servers with the FLIR on my M98 sniper rifle; it's nearly unfair. At least I can actually spot enemies now that the PLD is useless. It works well as a spotting tool and not just a scope. I'm liking it so far. Even though it's a 2X, I still use it from long range with no issues at all, and if a surprise closer range encounter happens, it makes it easier too.
                          pew pew

Comment

Originally posted by AnonBot View Post
                            I'm gonna be honest: I've been having fun recently on pub servers with the FLIR on my M98 sniper rifle; it's nearly unfair. At least I can actually spot enemies now that the PLD is useless. It works well as a spotting tool and not just a scope. I'm liking it so far. Even though it's a 2X, I still use it from long range with no issues at all, and if a surprise closer range encounter happens, it makes it easier too.
                            The range-finder on the FLIR with a sniper is stupid ridiculous. I've been seeing lots of pubbies running with that setup now and it's incredibly cheap.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I don't bother with the range finder because I've never used one and am used to ranging targets by sight. The only thing I like about it is the easy target acquisition. I used the FLIR set-up last night and it was brutal especially on smaller maps like Flood Zone. The FLIR complements my aggressive sniper style specifically on maps that call for it. Either way, I can still camp with the FLIR and call out targets to my squad as I was doing last night. It works for me to help the squad and for my own target acquisition and subsequent elimination. The PLD was what I was using before to spot, but now that the FLIR works better, I just use that without having to switch guns. It's working well.

One more thing, a few snipers last night attempted the same set-up against me and didn't do very much. Anything can be effective in the right hands or useless in the wrong.
                              pew pew

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X