Windows 10 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 issues

Anyone been able to play since "upgrading" to 10?

Just downloaded tonight. Doesn't see to run BF. Loading maps just doesn't happen. When starting up the new web browser tell me Origin runs better in IE, so I open with IE. Seems fine until loading maps.

Awesome start to 10!

Re: Windows 10 issues

Looks like yet another driver update required. Just did the latest and greatest 10 driver about 1 week ago. They put a new driver out about every 6 days. Seems to have fixed it.

Comment

what drivers?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Not at my home computer. Believe its the Nvidia 353.62 driver that is the latest. Oddly I thought that is the one I had already before I upgraded to 10. Maybe Windows 10 changed the driver on install? Because when I ran Geforce experience again after upgrade it installed the 353.62 again like I didn't already have it. That fixed the issue.

Comment

I think a lot of the manufacturers weren't prepared for the steady release of Win 10. Now they are all playing catch up.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I personally had some driver conflict issues with Nvidia Geforce experience and Win 10 getting themselves into a catfight over who had the latest driver. This created follow on issues as the driver would get uninstalled or overwritten in a loop, it also kept disabling my second monitor.

Here is a link to instructions on how to use Microsoft's own recently released tool to prevent unwanted updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Please note you use at your own risk. I've used it but can't attest to how well it works yet or any potential unwanted side effects/risks (only used it today, not long enough to tell).

Comment

I used it for hiding the Nvidia update which is no longer being pushed upon me. I haven't had any other updates that I need to hide aside from that one.

Comment

Downloaded the latest Nvidia driver 355.60 yesterday when Window 10 reported a new version. Seems to work just fine. I had no problem when I first upgraded to WIndows 10 other than sound issues Bones may have had trouble with the HD Sound part of the video driver.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                  Downloaded the latest Nvidia driver 355.60 yesterday when Window 10 reported a new version. Seems to work just fine. I had no problem when I first upgraded to WIndows 10 other than sound issues Bones may have had trouble with the HD Sound part of the video driver.
                  Yeah, sound has been odd. My external speakers don't work anymore. My headset does though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                    Yeah, sound has been odd. My external speakers don't work anymore. My headset does though.
                    My Turtle Beach headset was just giving me stereo. To fix it I had to go into the Volume Mixer, clicked on Applications Systems Sounds, clicked on Playback and configured the speakers for 7.1 surround sound. Evidently upgrading to Windows 10 causes it to make standard defaults for most devices. Battlefield now sounds like it used to.

Comment

I had to uninstall the sound driver and re-install. All is good now.

Comment

Ya, having issues myself... 1st is that the new edge doesn't support Battleflog, then I used safari and chrome, both go to the page but won't install the required launch plug in on the site. So haven't been able to boot it up at all since upgrading to launch. and just FYI, none of my old classics are working either, the images keep flashing, seems like a graphic driver issue for all the games like GR, R6, SC...etc etc... oddly SWAT4 is the only "classic" that seems to work fine for me.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Firefox or nightly works for sure
                          Last edited by BeSiege82; 08-17-2015, 07:36 AM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

After reinstalling win 10 bf4 fps droped by 20 to 30 frames, no matter the videos settings I used. After reinstalling drivers and origin there was no change. This morning I switched from using Microsoft edge to firefox and walla my fps was back to normal. I never realized the browser used could have an impact on fps. Just thought I would put that out there for other folks who might not know, but it was probably just me :P

Comment

What is this blurb about having to pay for Windows 10 after a year? Thought this was free. Saw that on the internet yesterday while I was researching getting my wife's Vista laptop upgraded.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X