Wife is gonna kill me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife is gonna kill me

But I just pulled the trigger on the 50% off BF4 Premium deal and got everything for $25.

Not sure when I'll be able to join you guys, but I'm sure you'll see me in the server soon enough.

That is if I survive the wrath of my wife.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Wife is gonna kill me

Just play dumb. Tell her you were sleep buying......sorta like sleep walking......

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Tell you wife that playing Battlefield will make you more manly.

Comment

I have a personal prepaid credit card that we put money on and use to build my credit. The 25 came from it after I put 50 on it from my check. She still thinks there's 50 there.

We're in the process of saving money and building credit to move to Knoxville from Tucson.

"Just gonna keep putting money on the card and not touch it." is my line. Out of sight, out of mind. ;)

Mom
        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Mom...you are coming at it from the wrong angle. You have to start the story with how much you SAVED...not how much you spent. Ya...I've got practice justifying my gaming to my wife of nearly 20 years.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Just look at how much you are NOT going to spend doing other things!
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Lol. Trust me, my best bet is to close the bunker door and hope they don't see it through the camo netting.

:)

Either way, I've been trying to get in with you guys for a bit, but I've barely even been able to play. Last night, I said to myself at 9 PM when she went to bed, "I'm just gonna talk to [MENTION=38]Wyzcrak[/MENTION] for a minute about this map and then I'm gonna go play BF4 and try to get in to TG's server." At 1 AM, I was like, "Wyz, I'm falling asleep."

Meh.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

It's totally worth the $25 cost! If you want a better excuse: "it's a surprise honey".
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

well... its a two way street, and if it looks like mine she owns both sides of the road ;) Good luck lol

Comment

^

She went to lunch with two girlfriends the same week I bought the game. She spent about 20 in gas and 50 on lunch. Think we're even. But do I say that? No. Why? Cuz I'm not stupid.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I feel you brother…

I tell mine that I am gonna pay the bills. Then I lock my office and pull on the headphones…Think she got me figured out though since “paying the bills” takes me 3-4 hours:)
                      Proud 5th Alum

/DaVinci_Q

Comment

Damn, I feel for you Mom. You can pass by here any time when you are on vacation to play whatever. Me and my wife to be have a nice arrangement. I have my room with all my crap and she has hers. Then we have the living room and bedroom free of clutter. Why would anyone hassle you on relieving stress(gaming) is a mystery to me:(

Comment

Well, she doesn't really hassle me on playing as much as she does on buying. In fact, we play together sometimes. She's adamant that there was a time on BF3 on Xbox 360 that she "kicked my ass"... which, come on guys... we know what's real here.

I'm just kind of breaking in to my career. I've been in IT for about 4 or 5 years, but it's been odd jobs doing residential repair. I recently got a job at one of the major hospitals in Tucson on the help desk. Been at it for almost 2 years. So, if you guys are in IT, you can kind of guess where my salary is. Needless to say, it's not at a point where we can afford something with extra gaming rooms for the both of us. I guess we dug our own grave there when we had twins and then another boy. They pretty much eat up every square inch of possible extra space. Lol.

But in a few years, we're looking at moving to Knoxville (or I am, anyway.. she wants to move to Northwestern NY.... meh) and getting something bigger with extra space for everyone and a bunch of acres, hopefully. There will be a day when Mom has a gaming room that has an epic surround sound and like 3 42 inch TVs for monitors... I may be 80, but it'll happen.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

From Tucson to Buffalo? Yikes....

You'd make more money in NY than in TN but the winters are killer man.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I disagree. I'll pay more in NY than I will in TN. I'll make about the same, roughly, depending on where I end up.

I grew up in TN. She grew up around Buffalo. NY state made her pay $650 to move OUT of the state. That's like paying the cover at a bar, then being charged to leave.

TN takes better care of it's citizens. TVA is an excellent provider, on the cheap. I can get property on or near the river much cheaper than I can in NY. Taxes aren't nearly as high, obviously due to NYC. NY state is terrible about holding ALL it's residents under the thumb of that massive city.

Even if I make 10k less, I'll make up the difference just in taxes, let alone utilities, etc.

Or at least that was our experience when we were just dating and living in the two states. TN trumped NY every time.

Unfortunately, that also includes welfare. TN state will hand a person with track marks a hundred dollars to buy needles if you ask nicely.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...