Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing without packet loss ..... AWESOME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing without packet loss ..... AWESOME!

Noticed last night my playing and moving was so much better and I looked up to see if I was getting packet loss (indicated by the box kites in upper right side). It was clear! I've been suffering from packet loss for 5 years now.

No more 5 steps forward one step back and seeing all my mates running to flag faster than me. No more shooting off an RPG round and noticing that the reload animation not running since the server didn't think i fired one off. No more trying to turn and run through a doorway only to have myself facing a wall instead.

Evidently Time Warner Cable must have upgraded their hardware here and my packet data going to the server gets there on time. My outgoing data is supposed to be pegged at 1 meg up and usually it is lower than that, but right now I am getting 1.44 meg upload. A huge 40% increase!

Re: Playing without packet loss ..... AWESOME!

Yay! Congrats Gunney! Now I have to be even more careful so that you don't sneak up on me... :p

BTW, does this mean you'll be a challenge for Rockford and Anon now?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Oh great, he's even more lethal now...damn you TWC.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Can't have this, a more effective Gunney is a very dangerous Gunney. I need to resend TWC my monthly stipend to have them loosen the wires again

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

So that's why you killed me in that train car earlier today on Propaganda. I promptly returned the favor however! hahaha.
          pew pew

Comment

Originally posted by AnonBot View Post
            So that's why you killed me in that train car earlier today on Propaganda. I promptly returned the favor however! hahaha.
            AnonBot, I was very surprised to see you guys in the boxcar first thing after the game started even tho I was on a balls to the wall quad bike trying to get there first. You must have gotten off a lucky shot when I dismounted. But to stay there after knowing I knew where you were was suicidal! Knowing you guys probably had a beacon in that car I returned to the area with my trusty RPG! Fired into the open door and got the beacon and two enemy soldiers (of which you were one). While doing my "happy dance" I got picked off by one of your minions. Go to stop doing that.

Comment

Well that is explains it Gunney, I DID notice a huge uptick in your kill ratio, you seemed to always get one up one me this past SAT I think it was.
              Congrats! I've been putting off upgrading my internet, I play with tortoise slow ATT DSL, with a range of .25 to .5 meg upload, very painful sometimes, and if anyone else in house in using the internet...forget about it.

Comment

Wow, Vectorline, that's truly unacceptable. Your internet speed, not Gunney's performance.
                |TG|Melee

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                  Wow, Vectorline, that's truly unacceptable. Your internet speed, not Gunney's performance.
                  Yes it is and you know what, your condemnation and Gunney's enhanced experience has moved me from complacency - Battlefield comes first! Did some quick online comparison, going to upgrade to Uverse 18meg down/1.5meg up. Lower my bill too, at least for the first 12 months :D Those speeds are still not up there with cable but it is a triple increase for me, which hopefully translates to a better gaming experience.

Comment

I was having problems with my ping spiking to 999, so I called Time Warner who said it was likely due to my service level of 15mb down not being able to serve the demands of my household's many devices. So I told them I wanted the highest tier of service (50mb) or I'd be switching to a competitor. They gave it to me. Of course it's only for a year, so I'll have to call back and make the same threat then. That's how the game is played.
                    |TG|Melee

Comment

past month or 2, I have been suffering from packet loss and ping troubles, so congrats Gunney. I know your pain now.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X