Summer BF4 Patch out Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer BF4 Patch out Today

As you can see in battlelog the latest bf4 patch is out.
    Full notes: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4797075140641/
    PDF Version: http://bit.ly/bf4summerpatchnotes

Some sections I found interesting and look forward to seeing how they improve things:

TEAM BALANCER
    The new team balancer is a start-of-round balancer. It is designed to balance lopsided servers by
    breaking up teams over several rounds. In our testing (several months of active play on the CTE), we’ve
    seen statistical differences in outcome of games, and we will closely monitor the impact this has in the retail game as well!
    The team balancer works by:
    •Taking both team sizes and skill into consideration
    •Rebuilding the teams based on skill after every round
    •Keeping squads & friends together
    •Preventing excessive team stacking
    •Assigning joining players by skill during rounds
    •Replacing players that previously left the game with new joiners
    •Evaluating manual team switching on a case by case basis and refuse team switching which may ruin the balance of the server
    •Attempting to prevent team stacking by being more restrictive of high skilled players trying to switch to the better team
    •Freely allowing team switching when there are very few (less than 5v5) players on the server
    •Being enabled in “bigger” team based game modes only

NETWORKING
    •Updated server stall detection to better track servers going bad
    •Improved packet loss handling for clients
    •Improved “rubber banding” handling on client and server
    •Fixed an issue where the local player’s health would be incorrect if they took damage while regenerating health
    •Changed FrameHistoryTime variable to 1 to prevent dusting on fast moving vehicles (mainly jets)
    •Updated server & client code to support variable tick/simulation rates (featured)
    •Added indicators for current server “tick rate”/simulation rate on loading screen (>30hz only) and deploy screen
    •Network status communications suite: Added HUD indicators & warnings for bad or mediocre network connections (featured)

AUDIO OBSTRUCTION
    Audio is a very important piece when adding tactical depth and enabling stealthier gameplay. In previous
    releases, we’ve made footsteps more audible, and with the Summer Patch we continue to improve the
    audio awareness aspects of the game through changes to the Audio Obstruction system.
    Audio Obstruction is what we call the system that changes how something sounds based on their
    relation to where you are in the world. For example, an enemy running inside a building on the second
    story will sound different than one outside running behind you going for a knife kill.
    These changes are pretty subtle, but once you learn to listen for the cues you can really turn careless
    enemy movements against them, outwit and outplay them!

Re: Summer BF4 Patch out Today

Please note that you need to download the night maps via Origin. They will not download automatically!

Go to your Origin client, go to store, and see an ad for Night Operations. Alternatively search Origin store for Night Operations. Add to cart (it's free), checkout, and download. Why am I writing instructions this detailed? For [MENTION=23261]OldGunney[/MENTION] of course ;)

If you run into issues where you cannot connect to a server running the night map, go to Origin->My Games, right click BF4 and choose Repair Game.
    Last edited by BleedingKnee; 09-01-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Night maps look sick.
      pew pew

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
        Please note that you need to download the night maps via Origin. They will not download automatically!

Go to your Origin client, go to store, and see an ad for Night Operations. Alternatively search Origin store for Night Operations. Add to cart (it's free), checkout, and download. Why am I writing instructions this detailed? For [MENTION=23261]OldGunney[/MENTION] of course ;)
        Good to know, I was wondering how they'd handle the one map at a time thing.

Comment

Added blinking red light to M15 AT mines to increase visibility in night map (and other dark areas)

This seems counter to everything I know about mine design... I mean we leave them sitting on top of the ground to begin with, right? Now I want a dozen LED blinkers I can equip to litter the battlefield with.

Comment

So... Night maps will be running on our server tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
              • Added blinking red light to M15 AT mines to increase visibility in night map (and other dark areas)

This seems counter to everything I know about mine design... I mean we leave them sitting on top of the ground to begin with, right? Now I want a dozen LED blinkers I can equip to litter the battlefield with.
              Its so we can mark out landing strips at night.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

they're finally getting the sound correct in this game. Jeesh. Have been doing this since COD4, nice to see battlefield getting on the ball.

Comment

I look forward to seeing if sounds really are improved. This issue has always driven me crazy.
                  |TG|Melee
                  Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Way ahead of you, [MENTION=14251]BleedingKnee[/MENTION]! Saw that download problem right off after trying to get into a "Night Operations" server. Went into the ****bucket server that had the night Zovad map loaded. Very cool graphics. Got nailed by a claymore that I could not see. This going to be interesting. Dont think I have any Flir weapons yet so I had to put on a infared scope rifle. Seemed to work just as well. Sounds will be key to winning battles here!

Comment

So, red lights added to mines but not clays? Go figure.

The first visit to a night map made it clear my monitor needed to be dusted. :row__523:
                      |TG|Melee
                      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Is the night map getting put on the TG server? I know yesterday evening it took awhile to get the server going cause everyone wanted to try the new map. Cant hurt to throw it into the rotation a few times, at least till the newness wears off.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
                          Is the night map getting put on the TG server? I know yesterday evening it took awhile to get the server going cause everyone wanted to try the new map. Cant hurt to throw it into the rotation a few times, at least till the newness wears off.
                          It's been put in for tonight, its the third seeding map and the conquest large version shows up a couple times later in the rotation.

Comment

what maps are night maps? The listing only says night version of Zavod

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                              what maps are night maps? The listing only says night version of Zavod
                              They have a few in the works but only released the Zavod one with this patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X