Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 career winding down

Greetings fellow Tgers !

With the release of Squad and the lack of space on my HD I've decided to step back from BF4. I'll be deleting the installation but not without some second thoughts. The BF4 run at TacticalGamer has been amazing. I've met so many new friends and renewed and strengthened many other friendships from 2005 and beyond. Thank you all for the awesome squad play and excellent leadership and great cooperation and fun. It's been an excellent run. I'd like to think I got as much of the community as I gave. I did my fair share of leading and I'm proud to feel like I had a hand in keeping our game play TG worthy.

The BF series brought me here in 2005. Project Reality cemented TacticalGamer as the right place for me and now my mistress and time suck is Armed Assault. It's the exact opposite in many ways of the BF series but it is really the game I love most. I started scaling BF4 back about two months ago and these days I'm on maybe one round once a week. While I'll miss the people I knew it was time when I had little to no interest in the night map release.

I'm excited about Squad. I hope to see many of you on the TG Squad server and I expect I'll find myself a fair bit of the time. My expectation is this title will play much more like ARMA than the BF series does and I'm keen on that.
    I invite any and all to check out the TG ARMA servers. We are doing some real good work there and game play for the most part is topnotch. If you want to challenge yourself in a different way ARMA is a great way to do it. Just bring your patience because the pace of play is 1000% different than Bf4. It's a challenge like you've never had before I can guarantee it.

Thanks Admins. Thanks players.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: BF4 career winding down

Sad to see you go Grunt. I've considered retiring BF4 for my own reasons as well and either way, I definitely want to give ARMA a try. The slow pace and realism definitely appeals to me. Maybe you can show me the ropes some time!
    pew pew

Comment

As someone who retired more than a year or two ago already. Happy retirement and see you soon in squad :D

Comment

GRUNT! Place BF4 on an external so whenever you feel like coming back, you can transfer back to your PC and just follow a few steps to being back on the server.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'll be testing "SQUAD" out next weekend,hope its as good as I think it will be....see ya there Grunt.

Comment

<3 I'll be over there too
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Nooo Grunt!

Have Squad been released yet? Tried to google it but cant find anywhere to buy it. Perhaps its released in Europe later, but it is simple called "Squad"?
              If I can find it ill probably give it a try. But Ill still be hanging around BF4 for sure...

Hilfe!!!
              Proud 5th Alum

/DaVinci_Q

Comment

[MENTION=12909]DaV[/MENTION] http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content...t-Announcement

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys.

I've found my way to Squad. Looks good so far but it plays like it's only half done. Oh ya...that's right...it's still under development.

No seriously...I think Squad will be great when it is completed with vehicles and all the other fetures under development.

I'll continue to dabble with Squad, especially if I can find some TGers at the same time. For the time being the bulk of my time will be playing ARMA III I think.

Last night I spent four hours in battle as a medic/part time UAV operator. I fired maybe 20 rounds and had a really great time. half of my time was spent working to keep front line assault troops healthy and ready for action. The other half I operated a remote UAV and provided pinpoint intel on enemy troops while my squadmates assaulted various objectives. If you haven't played ARMA before it's all about teamwork and leadership. You CAN tool around by yourself if you want but the full teamwork experience is so rich and rewarding at TG it's really something unique. Come on down to ARMA III if that intrigues you.
                  Last edited by Grunt 70; 09-22-2015, 01:57 PM.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

We'll leave the light on for you guys.

Don't bother knocking.
                    Last edited by Dimitrius; 09-23-2015, 11:19 PM. Reason: As in "come on in."

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X