Starting PerfOverlay with User.CFG file in BF4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting PerfOverlay with User.CFG file in BF4

Found this on YouTube today. Shows how to add a user.cfg to automatically bring up the FPS on screen without manually adding it each time you start game. Also, a little blurb about displaying the Network graph for those of you who are interested in seeing what going on with data streams between you computer and the server. I know I have been getting some weird high latency during game sometimes. Maybe from Windows 10 auto updating while I'm playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZi15CqDlJU

Re: Starting PerfOverlay with User.CFG file in BF4

[MENTION=36798]Battledragun[/MENTION] you might want to consider installing that user.cfg file to see what internet problems you are experiencing and post you findings. I will do the same.

Comment

I might try it out sometime this weekend, won't have time to mess with my system until later this week.

Comment

[MENTION=36798]Battledragun[/MENTION], no need to put in that User.cfg file. Using the tilde key (~) enter the following command.

networkPerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1 (caps not required)

They have added a bunch of new items to the network graph table. If the program is having problems the item having issues will be displayed in amber or red. The important ones are as follows:

(cyan color) Latency(ms) -------- This would be considered the ping to the server. I noticed last night I had a ping spike in latency, but the scoreboard didnt show I had a problem until a few seconds later. I believe this is a fault of players computer having to deal with program updates.

(yellow color) Pktloss(%) -------- This item line shows the percentage of packet losses and is usually shows up as small yellow spikes. This is a cause of rubber banding and lag. I think this is due to the internet servce provider being overwhelmed by outgoing traffic. This showed up last night at about 6:00 PM for about a half hour. For some reason I didnt see much of these reports later on when server filled up. Maybe the internet provider added equipment resources at that time.

(Lt green) SrvOffset(ms) -------
        (Pink) SrvTick(ms) -------- These two I beleive have to due with the sever itself. The Pink SrvTick will indicate the load on the server with an increase of players. When these two start flucuating widely you will start to see extreme lag. Saw this happen at about 9:40 PM last night. Players started complaining about lag and leaving at that time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X