• Show
Clear All

• Fall Update Patch Released Today

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice...llPatch_EN.pdf

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4799904697998/
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Re: Fall Update Patch Released Today

Tons of changes. Make sure to read them.

Some changes:
    -Objective Squad: Squad leader replacement. Targeting inactive squad leaders, we integrated the Hardline solution with some tweaks to the setup to promote active squad leaders. Squad member requesting an order triggers a cooldown of 30s which if left unanswered swaps the squad leader role to the requesting member
    -Smoke grenades now block FLIR/IRNV
    -Laser designators lock on time reduced to 1.5s from 2.0s. PLD lock range increased to 500m from 350m. Extended PLD glow distance to match locking distance. Fixed an issue where PLD/Lock-on missiles would not prioritize occupied vehicles.
    -Ground vehicles: Improve mobility and countermeasures to make vehicles more powerful overall
    -Air vehicles: Add below radar support, improve counter measures and overhaul AA-missile balance for a more dynamic setup
    -Vehicle weapons: Re-balance vehicle weapons to give a more meaningful spectrum of choices between competing options per vehicle. All weapons should have a good use case and niche now.
    -Mobile Anti Air: Reduce effective range of MAA so it has to advance into the fray a bit more, while still maintaining its role as the counter to aircraft To put the pretty massive change list in context, we decided to list everything grouped by category and with a clear intent statement at the top followed by the detailed changes list.
    -Countermeasure: Active Protection. Reduced both uptime and downtime. This means players will have to time usage better and it will no longer stop a complete strafe from an aircraft. Improved reliability when active.

Comment

It sounds like they made all vehicles more powerful in general. Ugh.

On another note, my 60GB SSD is maxed out with the patch only 45% downloaded. Are there any files in the directory that I could do without in order to free up space?
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post

On another note, my 60GB SSD is maxed out with the patch only 45% downloaded. Are there any files in the directory that I could do without in order to free up space?
        Do you also have a HDD? You could do something like the below:
        http://www.criticaledge.net/showthre...re-flash-drive
        The author there talks about putting certain files from HDD to SSD. You could do the opposite and put files you don't need to a HDD. Not sure which files they would be but I assume certain maps?

Comment

Any rumblings of upgrading the server to a higher tick rate, like 60hz? Supposedly a better experience.

Comment

For those of you who don't have the phantom bow, it is available to everyone now! It is in the green small crate in the cave between E and C on the new community operations map. Use your knife to open it. Once you pick it up you have unlocked it and you get all the arrows with it.

PS. you also get 400 points now for a flag capture instead of 150.
            [TG4]baughman

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post

If the change of "Smoke" blocking vision from "FLIR/IRNV" applies to vehicle scopes as well that will be a decent advantage to the footies. Otherwise I would agree that the hurt might have been turned up a notch for people lacking steel armor plating. HE-AP + gunner incendiary oh my. I guess they felt that the extended break rhythm of vehicles compared to infantry was hard for unfamiliar players to pick up on?

Also the "requesting orders" change seems like a simplistic technical band-aid to a social problem. Perhaps a automatic 5 minute ban for asking the squad leader to repeat himself is in order?
              Last edited by Namebot; 10-27-2015, 03:41 PM.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Server's been updated and Operation Outbreak added to the maplist. Have fun!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Thanks Nardini.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

This is going to be interesting, especially right before the pickem night, Heh! They hurt my shotty too.... Sad day!

Comment

and you missed the one about engineers not able to fire lock on weapons from vehicles. Sorry peeps, can't help your fellow little birds out anymore from the air.

and mini guns on all vehicles have improved with less range... transport helicopters are going to become more deadly and rhib boats won't be able to take out little birds from distance. Yay... for the most part

and i wonder if its going to take 3 c4 to destroy tanks now. Going to have to go find out....

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        This is going to be interesting, especially right before the pickem night, Heh! They hurt my shotty too.... Sad day!
                        If they messed up my pump shotty too much I'm gonna be a sad panda...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Well 2 minutes after starting update Origin crashed, now game is stuck at resuming update. WTH!?

Its working now :)

Comment

it feels weaker at longer ranges, still probably deadly at close ranges but we won't be hitting up people from distance like we used too....

it takes 3 c4 to take out an LAV so probably that much to take out a tank now. kills those pinch kills against namebot but i should be able to get everyone else.

Comment

Why do they make us jump through hoops by getting the map from the store? Would it be too hard to have it download like previous DLC?
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...