Map Rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Rotation

Have the maps been rotated at all recently? Can't remember the last time I played Caspian, Lumphini, Mortar etc.

Separately can we discuss removing Night Operations? Armor is extremely overpowered (ability to use thermal when RPGs etc don't) and the entire map is a FLIR/IRNV fest which limits tactical movements etc. Map would be 100x better without any armor and scopes.

Re: Map Rotation

Agreed. Night ops is easily the worst map on the rotation.
    pew pew

Comment

I really like the map, but sucks with armor-would be best played in IO mode. Would it be possible to look into initiating a NO FLIR/INVR script on that map automatically or manually like we do with the no dmr mode sometimes? Have played on a few servers that run a no FLIR/INVR script and its awesome.

In regards to the rest of the rotation- I wouldn't mind see every naval strike map removed, outer flags always turn into a flag tag scenario especially with 40 or less players and seem to be a server killer on weekdays

Comment

well, to my knowledge, if you modify the no FLIR mode, you make it a non-official server. Speaking of maps, is the new map we got the so-called remake of the BF2 map? It seems different from the map I remember being advertised.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

We're still waiting for Dragon Valley.
          |TG|Melee
          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Yes, I changed up the map list about a week back. Hence why you guys see Operation Mortar, Caspian, Firestorm, etc.

Like Melee said, once we get Dragon Valley, we'll probably change up the order again.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

ive played on no flir servers, they are still ranked and even if it knocks it out of the search list for for 1 round would still be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by corbu View Post
                ive played on no flir servers, they are still ranked and even if it knocks it out of the search list for for 1 round would still be worth it.
                FLIRs are a cheap wall hack. It would be nicer without them in the game.

Comment

totally agree
                  In matters of conscience, the law of majority has not place.
                  ... Mohandas Gandhi

How would you like it if, at your job, every time you made the slightest mistake a little red light went on over your head and 18,000 people stood up and screamed at you?
                  ... Hall of Fame Montreal Canadiens goalie Jacques Plante.

When you're right, nobody remembers. When you're wrong, nobody forgets.
                  ... Muhammad Ali

|TG18|JudyGarland ... Brigadier General Judy Garland - BuxomBombshells

Comment

BFBC2 was the only entry in which they had the advanced graphics that provided effective concealment without the high visibility scopes available. I wonder if they realize the gameplay dynamics affected by introducing these visual aids.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

BC2 did have some nice features, I liked that when doing damage to vehicles you were actually blowing pieces of armor off of it. The lack of multiple fire modes eventually had be back playing bf2.

In regards to the server running a No Flir mode- what about doing it once or twice a week to see how it effects server population

Comment

Unfortunately, we don't have that fine of a control. We can't disable particular attachments. Even if we could, our server would be listed as a "Custom" server and would not come up in a regular ranked server search on Battlelog. As it is, we're one of a handful of hardcore servers that run more than one map.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Its not a disabling of an attachment, its the same as our sniper limit or no dmr mode- you get killed when its used. It doesn't knock it out of a ranked server search either or list it as custom if its done this way. For example > THTclan.com | HC | SNPR/DMR Limit | NO FLIR or IRNV | Stats, which filters with ranked and hardcore checked.

Comment

FWIW

I'm sure many of you have seen this
                            forum.symthic.com "More nerdy statistics of BF4 players and battlereports." Sorry forum won't let me link for some reason. But that's the thread on symthic.

Part 2 is of particular interest, the distribution of wins.

There are a few maps statistically unbalanced roughly from worst going down to almost neutral
                            Gulf of Oman (US rarely wins)
                            Rogue Transmission (A flag is a gimmie)
                            Operation Mortar (not sure why this one shows up, but it does)
                            Propaganda (I actually like this one, but it comes up lop sided)
                            Giants of Karelia
                            Flood Zone
                            Hammerhead
                            Lumphini Garden

Id consider taking a few of the maps out of rotation based on this.

Comment

I'd rather have more variation and a larger chance of losing particular rounds.
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X