320 Use?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 320 Use?!?

So recently I've seen the 320 usage go up quite a bit. A little too much in my opinion but whatever.

What I have been seeing is the 320 is being used more and more as a primary, similar to an rpg...
    or a few individuals running down to the enemy controlled flag and flinging them into the building...

Since there is no spoken rule about them and since they are very much like an rpg in terms of dmg vs infantry I am seeing more people treat them like a one shot noob blaster and less like they might be intended. Suppression, taking out infantry in cover, and a very light anti vehicle weapon.

So........?

An no this is not a blast an any one person. I'm not going to point any fingers. I use them as well.

Re: 320 Use?!?

I tried using the 320 last night, but got no kills so I put my paddles back on. Guess it takes some getting used to.

My town of Winchester lost internet last night in case you saw me drop out of game suddenly. Resumed about an hour later, but was too close to my bed time to rejoin.

Comment

Where'd they find the internet? Under the bed?
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I've also noticed a bit of a rise in its use. As Moses said its more of a dump and run weapon. If it gets shot off a wall or against a building someone is in, it makes sense to me as there is cover and it helps spread the enemies, but if I see someone just dumping it down an empty street because there is a chance someone is there or someone is just dumping them down a hallway instead of pushing up, it takes away from the point of it.

"Why push up and risk having to shoot someone or die when you can sit back and dump grenades in" is the general idea I get from the rise.
        |TG6|Flarionice
        Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

This has been the age old debate that I could probably link you to a dozen well thought out posts over.

The way I have always explained this is that you should always compare your game decisions to the primer. Blowing up cover with people in side? Great use! That's what grenade launchers are used for! Shooting down a hallways because there *might* be some there? Running around with it as your primary to blast the guy away 5 meters from you? Not so tactical.

Everyone just has to be careful about their use, and hopefully people will think more before using it because it has now been brought to their attention (if they check the forums).
          Good day mates :)
          Last edited by di1lweed1212; 12-02-2015, 02:25 PM.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
            Where'd they find the internet? Under the bed?
            Actually I saw news reports that the internet outage effected Kentucky, Ohio and Wisconsin for about two hours.

Comment

Maybe Apophis tripped on the cord. He has been known to do that from time to time.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm wondering what team based attachment is not being used when you have the 320....the defib's or medic bag? The 320 use has become ridiculous...even when trying to seed 4v4 320's are being spammed. (that doesn't help the population problem we are having)

me: medic throw me a medic bag

320 user: i have the 320 sorry

me: ugh!

Comment

Well it sure isnt me :)
                  [TG4]baughman

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by phenom880 View Post
                    I'm wondering what team based attachment is not being used when you have the 320....the defib's or medic bag? The 320 use has become ridiculous...even when trying to seed 4v4 320's are being spammed. (that doesn't help the population problem we are having)

me: medic throw me a medic bag

320 user: i have the 320 sorry

me: ugh!
                    [MENTION=8573]phenom880[/MENTION], is that why you wa playing Commander last night? So you couldnt get hurt? lol, jk. Good job last night. We was on a winning streak!

Comment

This has always been an issue in every title. People ran around with the 320 as primary in BF2. The spamming of pk rockets in 2142. SMAWs against infantry in BC2. If anything, DICE only exasperated the underlying issue by introducing items like the 3gl that allow them to be used in rapid succession. Add to that shotguns with frag rounds and it appears explosives are becoming a norm.

I think these things are less of an issue for non hardcore server as players are virtual bullet sponges. I blame the fact that DICE hasn't done enough to truly balance weapons for the hardcore environment. Everything is already lethal enough and when you add in a few gimmicky rapid fire explosives it borders on the ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                        I think these things are less of an issue for non hardcore server as players are virtual bullet sponges. I blame the fact that DICE hasn't done enough to truly balance weapons for the hardcore environment. Everything is already lethal enough and when you add in a few gimmicky rapid fire explosives it borders on the ridiculous.
                        Yah... everything explosive in HC is more powerful. A LOT more margin for error. The RGO is one that annoys me. You have to be pretty accurate in normal mode to get a kill, but in HC its kill radius is pretty big. Frag rounds are considered weak in normal, but in HC they make you not have to aim and kill around corners. 3GL same deal. They are too weak to kill in normal, but in HC each one can be a kill and you can just spam an area.

I hate the higher TTK in normal as it enables some really stupid tactics, but the weapon balance issues.... At least we have a sniper limit which is probably the single biggest issue.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X