Sunken Dragon and the Little Bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunken Dragon and the Little Bird

Sunken Dragon is a great map, the problem is the little bird. Between the buildings, countermeasures, and the ability to retreat to the uncap for repairs it makes it extremely difficult to take the little bird out. The little bird is imbalanced and since I don't think we can remove it from the map, nor can we obviously get rid of countermeasures we should address the pilots routinely retreating into the uncap any time a person is lucky enough to get a shot on the little bird. I spent literally the entire round chasing after the little bird, took about 10 or so deaths in the process, not to mention, myself being good with the assault class it removes me from the equation. There is really no other single map where one person can reek so much havoc, the rooftop camping on that map is second to none and it makes it impossible to protect the back flags.

Personally, I think it's bs that the heli can retreat to the uncap for repairs and it is the one thing we can remove from the equation.

I now have a third BF4 rule:

1. Don't revive, you usually die and cost your team another ticket.
    2. Don't accept revives, the person reviving you almost never bothered to clear.
    3. Don't waste your time trying to take out heli's with manpads.

Re: Sunken Dragon and the Little Bird

Manpads?

Comment

Mam Portable Air Defense, the Stingers, Iglas etc.

Comment

Just shoot out the pilot with a sniper rifle.

Also, what good would throwing your male incontinence briefs at the screen do? Manpads shouldn't be used in such a way for hygienic as well as safety reasons.
        pew pew

Comment

I agree 100% with the retreat to uncap with air and land to vechicles. This isnt a game of tag and the ucap isnt homebase.

Also- no sniper rifle required on scout helo:)

Comment

Get a bunch of folks with DMRs/LMGs and have them spam fire at it like a bunch of old German 88's, someone will shoot out the pilot, and it sounds hilarious.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

The only lockon that works well by itself is the pickup kit HMVV(?). All the others are only effective in groups of 2+ with coordinated alternating launches. Also try the AA mine if you have not lately.

Keep in mind that every map has locations out of bounds for aircraft to land and repair that ground based forces cannot reach.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

The old Soflam plus Javeline might also work if you can keep the lock.
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

The Sunken Dragon map showed up last night in rotation (Monday). I equipped myself with the AA mine and the Law with the express idea of seeing what the AA mine would do to the little bird. Got several hits on it, but no kills. It did leave the area. Need aleast one other person putting down an AA mine to be successful in killing it.

Alpha, Bravo and Charlie flags are excellent areas to deploy this counter measure. The parking garage (Delta) sucks as the bird often flies below the top floor if they know we are deploying on top deck.

Comment

Sometimes the best thing you can do is ignore it. I generally don't pay the LB that much attention on SD and I get killed once in awhile, but I don't lose focus to it. I'm like battledragon where I'm an assault guy and if I'm chasing it down with a manpad I'm not doing what I'm best at.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X