EA Account Hacked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Account Hacked

Got two emails this afternoon about 2:00PM Eastern. One email was from EA saying my password had been changed. Then another email saying my EA account email address had been changed. New email address was for [email protected]. Tried logging into Origin and no go!

Evidently this happens a lot to EA as after going to the EA website I had to enter my soldier name and request my Email adddress be reinverted. After asking for a new password I then had control of my Origin account.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Re: EA Account Hacked

I had my password changed by someone about a week ago. Luckily they had not changed the account email yet, so I changed my password within 1 min of getting the notification email, no issues since then.

Comment

Make sure you go and enable 2 factor authentication.
      https://help.ea.com/en/article/origi...n-information/

Comment

Originally posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
        Make sure you go and enable 2 factor authentication.
        https://help.ea.com/en/article/origi...n-information/
        I just finished doing that. Wonder how they managed to change my account like that?

Comment

had this happen to me too

Comment

EA's servers were hacked a short while ago (I think late last year) and I don't remember the details in detail, but I remember EA being very down-low, hush-hush over it. Speaks to me that it was a dumb mistake on their part, probably in how they stored our passwords and other personal information.

A quick Google search...

Dec 2015: https://www.hackread.com/hackers-shu...for-christmas/
            July 2015: http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/e...d-servers-down
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This should not have happened in the first place if we had been able to use the game CD to verify who we are when starting a game. Now, EA has the responsibility of knowing what games we have and downloading them to any PC that has the email address and password.

I suspected the hack was started right after I had created a login with Disney using the same generic password I use for most of my small accounts. I think that included Origin. My list of account user names with associated password is quiet large. Of course my major web accounts have very unique passwords, I.E. bank, Ebay, Paypal and most important my Email address.

The hack occuried just as I was online. It was my iPhone buzzing that alerted me to incoming mail telling me that my EA profile was in the process of changing. The hacker had managed to change my password and then added a second email address as a primary. He also added a secondary security question in my Origin profile so I could not go in and change my password back. Called EA and got a young man that was in India to reset my Origin profile password with corresponding secondary question response.

I would highly recommend anyone reading this to look at your Origin profile and see if you have a secondary security question available. Well worth it.

Comment

As soon as i read your original post i went into my account and set up the additional security, now it emails me a code when any system other than my home home computer logs into origin. I also setup the second security question just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
                  As soon as i read your original post i went into my account and set up the additional security, now it emails me a code when any system other than my home home computer logs into origin. I also setup the second security question just to be safe.
                  You will soon get tired of having to wait for that email verification code each time you start up BF4. Lasted two days for me. The second security question should be all you need.

Comment

it doesnt make me verify each time, only once and now it loads like normal each time. Not sure what yours is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                      You will soon get tired of having to wait for that email verification code each time you start up BF4. Lasted two days for me. The second security question should be all you need.
                      There is a checkbox to trust your computer. I get it every once in a great while still, but not every time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X