55 cals on Propaganda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 cals on Propaganda

What is the rules or feelings about the two 55 cals on the US side of Propaganda? I believe I was warned off them awhile back, but feel that they are useful in covering troops trying to take Alpha flag.

Re: 55 cals on Propaganda

i was always told that until you cross that road towards Alpha that its considered firing from uncap. Maybe something has changed.

Comment

Those things can be easily taken out with a RPG hit. Besides, the designers of the game put them there to be used.

Comment

Echo has empaced MG's facing it as well....

Comment

yea, an admin will have to chime in but if remember correctly both sets of guns are considered in the uncap. I think ive seen TG admins telling people to stop firing those guns.

Comment

The rule has been (and still is) that enemies are not to be engaged until they leave their uncap and are inbounds. If you're on the opposing side staring at your map for the edge north of A (or the edge SxSW of E), you'll notice the .50 cal mounted MGs are out of bounds. It doesn't promote fair play nor good sportsmanship for one to sit out of bounds firing in (or for one to repeatedly engage those in their uncap).

As for what DICE intended for those mounted MGs, I don't know. I would think they would have moved those forward into the inbounds zone and also moved the UCB (and map boundaries) further out. Perhaps they are used in the other gamemodes? (I don't know since I rarely if ever play outside of TG's server and rarely play anything other than Conquest.)

For reference:

Originally posted by Wicks
            5) Do not initiate conflict with enemy in their main-base
            - Players and vehicles must be established outside their main base before being targeted.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Did a test yesterday while server was empty and yes I can see that the MGs are well into the uncap, but that was while in conquest mode with just three flags. Wondering if maybe under five flags they are accessible to the enemy then.

Noticed while doing the test I could not get within 50 feet of the 55 CALs, but I could go to the far left out in the street and actually move further in toward their side and see behind the MGs. I could even use the enemy mounted rocket launcher. I know, I know. Dont do that.

Comment

This thread was not meant to question the wisdom of the TG admins, but only a clarification of the rules in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  The rule has been (and still is) that enemies are not to be engaged until they leave their uncap and are inbounds. If you're on the opposing side staring at your map for the edge north of A (or the edge SxSW of E), you'll notice the .50 cal mounted MGs are out of bounds. It doesn't promote fair play nor good sportsmanship for one to sit out of bounds firing in (or for one to repeatedly engage those in their uncap).

As for what DICE intended for those mounted MGs, I don't know. I would think they would have moved those forward into the inbounds zone and also moved the UCB (and map boundaries) further out. Perhaps they are used in the other gamemodes? (I don't know since I rarely if ever play outside of TG's server and rarely play anything other than Conquest.)

For reference:

I was always told that if they are shooting out of their uncap then they're fair game.

A sniper can get sniped back.

But if that's how we're rolling these days :)

Comment

If someone shoots at me I usually shoot them back.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

We prefer to discourage firing into or out of the uncap, but if someone does so you can return fire. Personally, I warn everyone not to and then try to identify the person(s) involved. If necessary, I let them shoot me in order to do so.
                      |TG|Melee
                      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...