You've Ruined the Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Ruined the Server

By turning it into World of Tanks in an attempt to boost membership I'm guessing. Ironically, you will likely reduce the number of supporting members like myself. I play on the TG server because TG has always been focused on infantry. It seems the last several nights I spend literally the entire round running around trying to avoid armor or having to play engineer to try and take the armor out. Then there's the ever present over powered little bird that requires an entire squad to take out. The round becomes less about flags or objectives and more about just trying to not get killed by random pub 0014. I know in the end it's not going to matter what I have to say, to some it will likely come across as whining, to others they could care less, and I'm certain there are more that will welcome the changes to the server. With that said, I've enjoyed my time here at TG but this is not my play style.

Re: You've Ruined the Server

to others they could care less,
    "Couldn't"

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Who's ruined the server exactly? Have the Admin Team announced changes to increase the amount of Armour in Dice's game? Did you get killed by armour several times on successive nights? Were Admins in the Armour?

Haven't played in a while as my pc is down but has there been an update in collaboration with World of Tanks I'm unaware of? What's going on lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Battledragun View Post
        TG has always been focused on infantry

Huh?

I must have missed that memo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
          Who's ruined the server exactly? Have the Admin Team announced changes to increase the amount of Armour in Dice's game? Did you get killed by armour several times on successive nights? Were Admins in the Armour?

Haven't played in a while as my pc is down but has there been an update in collaboration with World of Tanks I'm unaware of? What's going on lol?
          Mostly that the map rotation is favoring armor heavy maps. They were talking about it on vent when I was on awhile ago. Too much Golmud and Silk Road. Can we adjust how often certain maps come up in the map vote? Can we give supporting members more weight in the votes (Do they already have more weight?)

I'm happy playing armor myself, but I understand the concern.

Comment

BattleDragun, dont go! You are one of the best players we have and on a level that I try to strive for.

Just time to go back to basics again. Try using the Recon's PLD that allows engineers to lock on and and shoot the tank from long distance and from behind cover. On the other hand, most of these tank drivers have all the perks and are using the Thermal Optics and picking off infantry like flies. If the respawn time for tanks was set longer I dont think we would see the tank fest we are seeing now.

I understand what Battle is saying about this game being about infantry tactics. The squad leader tells or coordinates others in picking certain kits and what the objective is. But you dont tell a guy to get in a tank and follow you around. That usually done by a lone wolf. Bradleys and the jeeps are good for getting a squad in and attacking a flag. But a tank with a good driver sometimes is unstoppable.

Comment

There is not a map vote system.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                There is not a map vote system.
                No? My bad. I'm just so used to it on most servers. Any particular reason not? I've seen them setup with supporting member gets more votes bit like I mentioned.

Comment

Join my squad, I'll show you what we do to armor and choppers

Comment

Get a squad, with a bunch of LAWS, go looking for a tank, sync your fire and murder them.

Not Hard, very satisfying
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                      Get a squad, with a bunch of LAWS, go looking for a tank, sync your fire and murder them.

Not Hard, very satisfying
                      Or just take a friend ring-around-the-rosy planting C4, run away, watch the birthday cake light up. :)
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Or, everybody in the squad lobs 320s at the tanks until they die. I've been doing that all the way back to 2142 when my assualt squads would be cornered by walkers. As long as you have a support and your assault are able to live while lobbing, you can kill them. I think 320s do 10 - 15 damage.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

[MENTION=36798]Battledragun[/MENTION] It sounds like the primary issue is map selection, particularly getting the best map given the number of people in the server at the time. Unfortunately, this requires an admin since we don't have a map vote mechanism, and we don't always have an admin available. When one is available, please direct your map requests to them. I am always happy to arrange requested maps/modes unless the masses disagree.
                          [MENTION=137573]TheRulesLawyer[/MENTION] You mentioned Vent above...are regulars using that instead of TG's TeamSpeak channel? If so, why? The admins are most always in TS for easy communication of issues and requests.
                          |TG|Melee
                          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                            [MENTION=137573]TheRulesLawyer[/MENTION] You mentioned Vent above...are regulars using that instead of TG's TeamSpeak channel? If so, why? The admins are most always in TS for easy communication of issues and requests.
                            Habit. My Clan used Ventrillo for the longest time. I have TS setup, but I'm usually on the OBC server. I communicate with the TG guys and pubs through the in game voip. The issue for me in particular is I tend to play later. Quite often the admins will be gone. It can be made more self-administering. On big one is getting a CQL map when things are dying down. That kills the server. Even if there is an admin on often I see a bunch of guys drop when it comes up. I know its possible to have an auto adaptive map list based on the number of people on. I've seen it on other servers. Map vote is another issue. I think its a dual edged sword in a lot of ways. If you have an admin on you can skip unpopular maps anyways. However when admins aren't around it still allows some server control. Downside being that pubs can vote the same map over and over. Or vote vehicle heavy maps some people hate. The whole supporting member getting more votes really helps that problem as it only takes a couple getting together to outvote all the pubs.

Anyhow, while I love having active admins (and part of why I play on TG) I think there is a lot of value in some of those plug-ins. Particularly in keeping the server alive later in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Battledragun View Post
                              It seems the last several nights I spend literally the entire round running around trying to avoid armor or having to play engineer to try and take the armor out.

LOL It's Battlefield . Sometimes you have to put down the AEK and 320 and pick up an RPG. It's one of the things that makes the game great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X