No announcement yet.

Just reminding some of you old farts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reminding some of you old farts...

Wa'gwan?

So, I've popped into a few games lately on the tg server after not playing here for a while, and it wasn't the place I remember

There weren't many pushing objectives and the most annoying was the lack of squad orders and communication.

I understand pubs ignoring this but there was a few SLs with tg tags that wernt giving out orders. Admittedly these were names I didn't recognise so it could just be newer 'fans' of the server not quite getting it yet...

I don't use teamspreak so just hit that q key, it helps hugely!

Re: Just reminding some of you old farts...

One of the main reasons you may see for people not giving out squad orders is the broken "Teamwork Initiative" update that came to BF4 a months back. It resets the orders every 30 seconds (or so it seems) so unless the SL is spamming the Q button or constantly updating on VoIP, it is hard to know what the orders are.

Bit of a silly setup, but it is what it is.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

What that new script does if one of the squad members keeps asking for orders and SL does not respond the asking SM is made the new SL. Dont know how many request for orders it takes.

Comment

I think it only takes one request unanswered for so many seconds during which the squad leader has to be alive.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I hate when it removes my orders. In the thick of things I don't always remember to set them again.

Comment

[MENTION=42735]Famous Bull[/MENTION], welcome back. Aside from the issue cited above, many tag wearing players are relatively new to TG and aren't properly indoctrinated, which takes time and guidance from a healthy pool of regular players. Unfortunately, at this point in the life of BF4, we don't have nearly as many regular players as we used to. Hopefully with efforts from everyone we can groom the newer players as well as remind the more established players of what traits are expected of them.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
              [MENTION=42735]Famous Bull[/MENTION], welcome back. Aside from the issue cited above, many tag wearing players are relatively new to TG and aren't properly indoctrinated, which takes time and guidance from a healthy pool of regular players. Unfortunately, at this point in the life of BF4, we don't have nearly as many regular players as we used to. Hopefully with efforts from everyone we can groom the newer players as well as remind the more established players of what traits are expected of them.
              It's true that there aren't as many regular players lately. The game is getting on in age and people find other avenues to entertain themselves (Kevin, we don't want to know what you do).. Going along with this, there is also not as many admins covering the server as well. I certainly understand you people are no different than the rest of us pleebs and have lives too, however, part of the sheer enjoyment of this game (on this server), and why I am a paying supporting member, is the rules associated with the TG server. It makes the game fun, relatively fair, and generally maintains a good crowd that does play on the server. There has been a lack of admin presence on the server and as such, you have TG members bitching in chat a fair bit at people that play the server to playing outside the TG rules. This also applies to admining the squads and squad leading (although not a big factor).

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                What that new script does if one of the squad members keeps asking for orders and SL does not respond the asking SM is made the new SL. Dont know how many request for orders it takes.
                That script is disabled on our server. With the SL commo rose orders being as bugged as they are this "feature" is more of a hindrance and ruins squad cohesion.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  That script is disabled on our server. With the SL commo rose orders being as bugged as they are this "feature" is more of a hindrance and ruins squad cohesion.
                  While you are at it, please see to removing that mid game balancing script that yanks me out of my squad (even tho I might be the SL) and sends me to the other side with no idea of what is going on. Does not seem to be very "Tactical".

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                    When was that disabled? I still see it happening from time to time. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

I thought so, too.
                      |TG|Melee

Comment

I've been one of them TG members fighting with others about the rules but my problem is the way I come across to people I cant be that raging lunatic, but to be a nice person and by the way Thick Flirs sucks :P
                        |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

reply to a quote from Thick --} (Kevin, we don't want to know what you do) I have my grandchildren or I just need a nap :D
                          |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                            While you are at it, please see to removing that mid game balancing script that yanks me out of my squad (even tho I might be the SL) and sends me to the other side with no idea of what is going on. Does not seem to be very "Tactical".
                            Gunney, I think that script is what prevents the server from falling apart on some days. Most people don't want to change sides, so without the script the losing team loses more and more players until people from both sides leave because the round is so terribly unbalanced. Just my pessimistic side speaking.
                            |TG|Melee

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                              Gunney, I think that script is what prevents the server from falling apart on some days. Most people don't want to change sides, so without the script the losing team loses more and more players until people from both sides leave because the round is so terribly unbalanced. Just my pessimistic side speaking.
                              Well, could you at least put up a banner when the server is about to do that so I can run and hide? If not, the next time I 'accidently' stab you I'm putting down a claymore to blow up the medic that tries to revive you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X