Battlefield 5!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 5!

Was wondering what you guys wanted to see in BF5 or what you didnt want to see. I'm badly hoping for a WW2 game but I doubt that will happen.
    Mostly I want the game slowed down....Flags further apart,longer spawn times, no parachutes, no beacons.

Re: Battlefield 5!

/thread :icon14:

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

They should make it like POE2 but we know they will never do anything like that.. It will be pay to win LOL

Comment

Originally posted by phenom880 View Post
        Was wondering what you guys wanted to see in BF5 or what you didnt want to see. I'm badly hoping for a WW2 game but I doubt that will happen.
        Mostly I want the game slowed down....Flags further apart,longer spawn times, no parachutes, no beacons.

I'm with you on the return to a WW2 theme, alot of maps could be re-imagined and plenty of vehicles and weapons from that time period to pull from. What will the game actually be? I'm leaning to a 2143, likely playing somewhat faster than BF4. That will fit in with the last set of maps released for BF4 pretty well.

I would love to see user content, map editor etc, although that seems very unlikely with the direction EA has moved with season pass and its expansions. Wouldn't be surprised to see removal of the commander, lowering of squad sizes more along the lines of the battlefront buddy system.

What I would hate to see is no community servers with some form of matchmaking in place like they have in battlefront...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post

/thread :icon14:
          This.
          |TG6|Flarionice
          Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

poe2 was amazing, instead of buying bf5 lets just revive poe 2

Comment

I'd like to revisit 2142/3

But I've thought about it, what can be improved at this point? Having rarely played bf4 I'm not up to speed on the game.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'd like to see cold war era. So after automatic weapons were common, but before lock on weapons were common/effective. I could see doing one were Korea spun out of control. WWII would be fine as well.

Comment

I would say 2143, but finding that balance between new game developments and retaining the 2142 feel will be difficult, and may end up with a lot of old school vets complaining about "it's just not the same."

Of course, if they feel like that, they likely aren't still playing BF4 either. :P

Titan mode and Gibraltar. Separately, of course.

Comment

Yeah but anyone who says "It's just not the same", myself included, is unwilling to see anything other than better graphics with the same Previous game.

I had a similiar experience when seeing the new star wars movie. So many of my friends are like, "it's Crap!" and I realized about ten minutes into the movie that it was not going to be like the first ones so I decided to try to enjoy it for what it was. And it turned out to be an okay movie with that viewpoint.

I like the suggestion of revisiting world war two. Let's see Berlin again, but with a much more realistic setting.

Here is how old I am, PC gaming wise. I played the ultima games and the Kings Quest and SPace quest when I was a kid in my parents basement. For the next generation of PC gamers, I remember guying Half Life when it was on the shelf at PC World and thinking nothing would ever impress me as much as that game did. Then I found Counterstrike back when the guns were still named after their real counterparts. After that, there was this demo on FilePlanet that the community was talking about. It was called Battlefield 1942 and we played that Midway Island map for 30 hours straight.

Ah memories.

I'd love to revisit that Demo with today's graphics.

Also, for those who may remember the Desert Combat mod, that was the real precursor to Battlefied 2, it was amazing at the time. We've come quite a ways since then.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Just played some DC this weekend. It's amazing how much more fun the Helo
                      controls were then anything that's come since

Comment

I thought Battle(non)sense covered some good points in this video including encouraging teamplay and playing objectives.

Comment

Metal-Gearfield 5 =)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I heard that fist fights were going to be in BF5.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                              I heard that fist fights were going to be in BF5.
                              Ground and pound players waiting for a revive?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X