No announcement yet.

A new server is coming...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] A new server is coming...

I'm please to announce that Tactical Gamer just ordered a brand spankin' new 64-player, 60Hz high tick-rate Chicago-based server! It will take a few days to configure, and I will let you all know once it's up and running.

With the addition of a high tick-rate, we're also going to try out limited FLIR/IR. The admin team has discussed it at length and feels that disabling them would allow for better TG-style game play. We'll also be taking the time to update a few of our scripts, but the sniper limit and other customizations from the old server will remain the same. We've also changed providers to Fragnet, and hopefully this in conjunction with the move to Chicago will alleviate many players' lag issues. The old server will remain online for a few weeks while we make the transition.
    Last edited by thegreatnardini; 04-30-2016, 03:47 PM.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Re: A new server is coming...

O m g:) this is amazing

Comment

Isn't the current server in NY/NJ?

(Wondering what the move inland to Chicago will do to my ping :/ )

If so I reckon it will add 15-20 ms to my ping on a good day... not sure if the benefit of a high tick server will out weigh the addition of 20 ms to my ping so, connecting from outside the US coming in from the east, I'm not sure how to take this news.
      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
      - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
        Isn't the current server in NY/NJ?

(Wondering what the move inland to Chicago will do to my ping :/ )

If so I reckon it will add 15-20 ms to my ping on a good day... not sure if the benefit of a high tick server will out weigh the addition of 20 ms to my ping so, connecting from outside the US coming in from the east, I'm not sure how to take this news.
        We did some testing with some of your fellow countrymen before deciding on a location, as this was one of my concerns. We found that the ping increase was negligible, and the 60Hz high-tickrate plus a higher bandwith capacity in Chicago provided for a better experience even for our Euro folks.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

There goes my 8 ping :(

Comment

Glad to hear this news for our Battlefield team! Enjoy your new gamespace!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
              There goes my 8 ping :(
              Time to see how good you really are... :row__588:
              |TG|Melee
              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Excited about the new server but to bad its going west (Chi-town?). Will probably have a negative impact on my Euro ping, but Ill give it a shot!

See you on the battlefield!
                /DaVinci
                Proud 5th Alum

/DaVinci_Q

Comment

Originally posted by DaV View Post
                  Excited about the new server but to bad its going west (Chi-town?). Will probably have a negative impact on my Euro ping, but Ill give it a shot!

See you on the battlefield!
                  /DaVinci
                  It really depends on where the internet back bone lands. Im in NC and the current server is in NJ, but my ISP (TWC) ties into the rest of the internet around CO and then makes its way back to NJ. I expect my ping to actually get better from CHI.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                    It really depends on where the internet back bone lands. Im in NC and the current server is in NJ, but my ISP (TWC) ties into the rest of the internet around CO and then makes its way back to NJ. I expect my ping to actually get better from CHI.
                    I'm in Kentucky and I saw the same thing with my TWC connection.

Comment

First: Greetings TG & friends. My buddies from S7 and me play mostly on weekends, late night (europe) to enjoy the teamwork present on your server. Really good server you got running there overseas. Thanks for that. :)

Anyway, I just saw that your TG Testserver located in Chicago (if I am not mistaken) is up and running and wanted to give a first quick feedback. My ping (germany) went up from 100-125 to 155-180, which makes it borderline (un)playable and will cause trouble with hitreg on both sides. Bumping it up from 30Hz to 60Hz is great of course, but with that ping I fear it will be hard to enjoy it in europe (from my experience on other servers anyway).
                      I know we are not the main audience on TG (espescially on workdays), but it would be a pitty, if we were not able to join you anymore. Is your decision final?
                      Let's just say: If I was born as a server, I rather would like to be located at a beautiful beach overlooking the northern pacific ...

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to test the server with you.
                      /Arquebuse

Comment

Was messing around in the new server a little bit over the weekend seemed pretty smooth

Comment

When is the transfer happening and its being open to the public?

Comment

Server is live as of today!!!
                            |TG|Melee
                            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

New server is great, hit detection is outstanding. Looking forward to when its fully setup and the flir script is running.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X