Internet problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet problems

About 9:30 eastern Friday night I was in Rockford's squad when I started experiencing extreme internet problems. This was on Pearl Market B flag and I started running in place and not being able to move in any direction. Since I run the graphs program while playing I saw that the internet connection was going crazy. My ping was at 450. I voiced my concerns to Rockford, but I think he may not have heard me since I could not move you have to assume that all outgoing packets were not getting received by the server, hence I was subsequently kicked from game. I figured maybe it was an extreme update download, but hard drive LED was not coming on and this morning no updates were available to digest.

Anyone else getting any problems with the new server like this?

Re: Internet problems

*tag* Your it!

Since I got my problem sorted its your turn.

Open a command window and run 'tracert 199.21.113.219' and post the results. I'd be interested to see where the latency goes haywire. You may have to do this at various times throughout the day as the issue may be specific to a time of day. Be sure to do it when you are experiencing the issue.

In my case, I was able to narrow it down to a specific router (hop) and email the provider in question. Ever since then I have averaged a ping of 50-60 instead of 120-150.

Comment

I have issues, but not the same as yours, probably. I think most of mine come from my router. Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to get a router that doesn't have to be rebooted once every few days?

That, and there's a known issue with Windows on a Mac (bootcamp) losing wifi connection after a period of time.

Comment

It's just you. Time for a new router.

You play on Wi-Fi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

WIFI works when you run on that new intel DORITO chip ! Go wierd al ! Maybe WAX your modem ?
          sigpic
          *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

Maybe your hydrochloric marzelvanes is out of alignment.

Comment

Newegg has a good ASUS router on sale right now...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-33320240-S0B

Promo code:

EMCEJGF23

Ad says its $70 with the promo code.

A couple of years ago I bough th n66u series of the same router. Its been fantastic. A true gigabit class router and switch. Base firmware is pretty solid and if you need more capabilities its fully supported by DD-WRT.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X