Empty Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Server

Hi people, I haven't been able to play much in the past couple months. When I do have time to goof off I have been spending it in Squad. Last night I wanted to get a little BF time in but the body count was only like 10, and after one game it died. Some suggested the server has been hurting since the move to 60tick. Just wondering what you all have seen and if there is a solution maybe.

Re: Empty Server

It has dropped off after the server change. Not sure why that would effect it. Probably just a coincidence along with Summer and a two year old game.

Comment

I also think map rotation and game type have a influence on it. Most people just want to play conquest, so the different game modes from map to map turns alot of people off. Maybe the people in charge of map and modes on the server should take a look at the map rotations of the servers that are full most of the time. The life of bf4 is starting to whine down, but there are still alot of people that play on a daily basis. I do know there is an adaptive script for server size vs map size, i think that would help some too. Ive been in the server when there wasn't an admin to change maps and it went to a map with 6 flags and 5 people on each team, instant server killer.

Comment

Is there anyway to get the server bumped up to 64 players? Maybe people are filtering for 64 or something

Comment

not even worth having a server when its like this
          |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Originally posted by corbu View Post
            Is there anyway to get the server bumped up to 64 players? Maybe people are filtering for 64 or something
            Working to fix this with the provider now, it was probably an error from when they had to bring the server back online last week. I'll let you all know when it's corrected. Having a 62 player server will kill any chance of it showing up in the server browser unfortunately.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

That would be great to get the problem resolved. Last night was terrible. A lot of regulars stopped playing as it was not getting any better. Only had about three TG players at the start from 7:00 to 8:30.

Comment

Also... admins aren't allowed to take the weekend off!

What do you think we pay you for? :icon_razz

Comment

I don't know if the 64 player count is the root cause of the problem. The way I see it:

1) Game is fairly old and a lot of SMs are playing other games (Squad, Overwatch etc). Nothing is going to change this.
                  2) Same people are probably tired of seeding the server with 10 or less people. Without them it becomes hard to get a full server going. I don't mind help seeding but I hate playing the same 4 maps (Metro, Lockers, Propaganda, Pearl Market). This is a chicken or the egg dilemma as these are the best maps to help seed. In my mind they are so repetitive and are not what I think of when I want to play Battlefield.
                  3) I have had plenty of rubber banding issues on the new server when full. Not sure if others experienced this but it could have turned off some non TG forum regulars.
                  4) Players who had old server as a favorite likely have not done the same thing with new server.

Comment

The game is older now...its just not going to be the same as it was...but it could be better

I think everyone should take the time to re read this http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...l-Gamer-Primer

read #3 and ask yourself if you should put a Flir on your sniper rifle...or cranking out 320's left and right when trying to seed. TG to me is more then just using voice....its a sportsman way to play the game...Its not just about YOU...ask yourself if you think the other team is having any fun...thats the key to seeding a server at this point in this game.

Comment

maybe the ping has an affect on it too.... my ping has gone from a 60 / 65 ping to a 160 / 170 + ping

Comment

Your ping to the old server seems high to me given your proximity to it, but your new ping is ridiculous. Have you tried tracing it as others have done (draeh)?

My old ping was typically ~100 and now it's ~80, which makes sense since I'm in San Diego and the server moved closer to me.
                        |TG|Melee
                        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by corbu View Post
                          This was corrected yesterday and it appeared to help. The population definitely appeared to grow faster and larger.
                          |TG|Melee

Comment

Yes I was on last night with a full server and it stayed that way until Dragon Valley then it dropped to half full.

Comment

Was it the time or the map that triggered the decline? What time did it occur? The server usually dies out around 11:00 - 12:00 EST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              |TG|Melee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse