Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO Skill in using FLIR

I'm taking it to the forums.

There is no skill in using a FLIR/IR. Period. End of Story. For those of you that do use it. It's crutch and you are better then that. For those who continue to use it. Well, you know where you fall.

Hate me if you want. That's my opinion. I don't care if it's in the game. If that is your excuse for using it then.... You are using a known crutch. Just like the noob tube of old.

Re: NO Skill in using FLIR

Last edited by USMCGhost44; 06-16-2016, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Should only be used in night time settings.

I noticed the last time we played the Zavod Graveyard map that the light was good enough to not even need the flir or ir sights. Is there a light setting for this on that map?

Comment

Sheepishly I will admit using a FLIR or IR occasionally on Operation Outbreak. I suck at identifying targets on that map.

I support banning them outright. Even on the night maps. We've played Zavod night maps a few times, and the most exciting times have been those where no one is using FLIR/IRNV. The tactical choice of when to use your flashlight or laser sight is enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
          I thought there was supposed to be a script added to the new server to limit this.
          As I recall, Nardini was working with the provider of the old server to implement this when we made the switch to the new server. I don't know where it stands with the new provider and he is traveling for work, so I don't expect it to be implemented any time soon.

My two cents...I think it's a crutch, but it also puts the user at risk of tunnel vision. When Outbreak was initially released I used it to spot targets, but I've found I do better without it since I have a better view of my surroundings. I use a silencer, map and try to ensure I have good cover, which negates the advantage of a flir user.
          Last edited by Melee; 06-16-2016, 05:59 PM.
          |TG|Melee
          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

It is a very bad thing added to the game for people that can't play. I don't use it my self other then on the airburst when snipe hunting.(If I could take it off the airburst I would).

You are a TG player act like one!

For those that do use it you are not helping yourself become a better player. Take it off slow your game down and learn to play with out it you will become a better player for it.

With the game coming to an end with BF1 coming out soon I alot of people just doing what ever they want......ie do you know how hard it is to pick up a dead medic kit to get paddles only to find....????? yup a 320...
            Team play is lacking and sometimes the Primer is right out the window.

Well at least BF1 is getting rid of alot of these bad things like 320 and flir..... even rocket spam might be gone..LOL

just my 2 cents

Comment

Do you get killed a lot more now by Flir users? Can't say I do.
              sigpic

Comment

Last edited by USMCGhost44; 06-16-2016, 08:27 PM.

Comment

There are counters for Flir, smoke and flares can be used to great effect.
                  sigpic

Comment

as good as smoke is for tactical movement, the map shouldn't have to be covered by smoke grenades to counter the shoot at anything white simulator. Not what the game is intended for.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                      the map shouldn't have to be covered by smoke grenades
                      Especially in broad daylight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like using smoke sometimes. If enemy player uses a laser, it will show through the smoke a little and you can just shoot at that. Also, gives you a chance to switch to pistol or knife and do some close quarters fighting.

Comment

Just saying there are counters. Use them. And smoke is supposed to be used in daylight, especially since I'm getting killed a lot more by 3.4 ACOGS than 2x FLIR. Smoke counters those as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

hey when i bitch about it im a whiner, its a legal hack blacks out everything and makes the player white
                            |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

I use it on some maps like outbreak where i cant find targets, bad eyes i guess, however i agree its broken it should be as saturated in daylight as it is when looking at a laser or nearly and I really don't understand why we haven't banned it already script or no script. in previous BF titles when a piece of the game mechanic broke the "near sim " environment we flat out didn't allow it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X