Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have to change the settings to gain more players..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have to change the settings to gain more players..

Noticing that all the popular 64 player servers are lined up a lot in EST.. Not ours.. How about lowering the Hertz and bumping it back to 64 players.. People just aren't filtering 48..

Re: have to change the settings to gain more players..

i THOUGHT GETTING MORE HERTZ WAS TO HELP WITH THE 64
    |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Why is the server set to 48 then? We need it 64 to have the people see it in their filter..

That will draw more in.

Comment

It was found that this new 60Hz server lags terribly under the weight of 64 players.

Comment

Then how about going back to 30 Hertz.. Even 40.. It's not the Hertz that are drawing people.. That's obvious.. It's the 64 player setting. People set their filters. We are losing a large number of potential players. The server is hurting for activity. Yeah there is a whole list of other reasons as well but there can't be any denying that the player setting is hurting it in a significant way.

Comment

I agree we should make the change to see if it helps. I've posted as much in the admin forum...just waiting for [MENTION=8570]thegreatnardini[/MENTION] response.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Gradual lowering and testing would be nice. I have a hard time telling the difference between 50 and 60

Comment

I agree with thick something has to change get the server up and running like the old days where we had people waiting in que for hours
                |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

I've never played on the TG server before since I don't own all the DLC. So take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

But I think choosing 32 or 64 players is ideal since that is the standard size for conquest and conquest large. 60hz for 32 players, and 40 hz for 64 players.

Maybe try playing some different game modes too. I enjoy carrier assault, there aren't many servers for that. Maybe a conquest/ rush server or conquest/ carrier assault server?
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                  |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I agree with Thick. People set their server browsers to filter for 64 players games and the TG server doesn't even come up on their radar when it's set to 48. If you can't maintain 60hz, lower it, but keep the player capacity at 64.

I just searched and there are plenty of full 64 player servers at 30hz and 40hz, but NOT ONE full 48 player server at 60hz! Why would you want to put yourself in that group? This server has plenty of regulars but the longer it goes unpopulated, the more likely they'll find other servers to play on.

Comment

I agree, I do not search for 48 HC servers. Please don't let one setting keep the server from people's radar, why not change it back to 64 for a week and see what happens? Our server is my first choice, but there are simply not enough players joining at the current setting.

Comment

I'm of the same mindset as most posting here. More than 15 people in the server, which isnt too often anymore :( ,and my hit detection feels worse than 30hz. Its frustrating to put a slug into a guy, see the blood splatter, only to have him turn around and kill me. And the kill screen says hes got 100 health. I'm not an expert in these things by any means, but 64 players at 40hz seems like a worthwhile experiment.

Comment

I hear ya guys. We tried the 60Hz server but it's just not working out. I've changed the server back to 64 players @ 30Hz, where it will stay. That should alleviate the lag issues as well as being on the default game filter.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Good news. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                              I hear ya guys. We tried the 60Hz server but it's just not working out. I've changed the server back to 64 players @ 30Hz, where it will stay. That should alleviate the lag issues as well as being on the default game filter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X