Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people still play BF4 and is there still a server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people still play BF4 and is there still a server?

I joined some random servers and it almost felt like single player with the lack of coordination and quietness on voip. I am hoping a BF4 TG is similar to the NS2 group in TG
    Lights Out!

I don't believe we still have the server. People have mostly moved on.

Please note, we do or did have a server for BF4, but BF1 and probably future BF titles will have some issue or another that causes TG to not have a server. EA/ DICE game servers tend to lack control features that essentially limit what we can and cannot do for games. EA has become more restrictive as of late. They even made it where if you lack a map pack, you cannot be on a server with that map installed on it. At one point, you would just be kicked upon the loading of the missing map, but now you are completely locked out of the server.
    Last edited by BeSiege82; 04-19-2017, 03:28 PM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...-Sniper-Limit/

There is a Battlelog page for the server.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I did see the TG server empty. :( I am not a fan of how EA has made a money grab for the packs and pushing new games so quickly after last one. It seems to really negatively impact the community of the game by dividing it. While I enjoy the game the lack/quality of overall BF4 community kills it for me. I think I have only heard someone say something over VoIP once in game. It is almost like a single player game. I sit behind a computer for work, I would at least some type of human interaction in game.

I came from the NS2, granted we have a lot of control over the game, I have been playing NS2 for over 4 years and it is still thriving.

Lights Out!

Comment

What is NS2? Northern Strike 2?

Comment

OldGunney NS2 stands for Natural Selection 2.

Comment

Check out the Game squad, it is a middle ground between ARMA and BF. Heavy team work and intense firefights. I think it may be what you are looking for. You can find it on steam and it is still in alpha I believe, but feels like a full on game. Lots of good times there.

Comment

I would echo the sentiment to perhaps consider other titles. Planetside 2 might not be the aesthetic / game you are looking for exactly, however what we do have is that community you seem to be yearning for, in spades. As do other titles here at TG I'm sure, it's just that PS2 is where I have been spending most of my time the last few years at TG.

As just one for example, 3 of us just last night were hanging in the Warpgate for hours after the conclusion of operations just chatting about politics, technology, economy, and even growing your own food organically/sustainably at one point. LOL I'm not saying everyone would enjoy those particular topics but point being is community. Even day to day in game, there is always that VOIP and teamwork based gameplay that you would expect from a TG operation.

There are some other interesting and unique things about PS2 as well for instance the huge scale (multi platoon / faction wide coordination) and combined arms possibilities. There is also base building which is completely changing the meta game and adding some strategic elements (much improved over the previous zerging of massive forces down limited lattice lines). It's a pretty involved game at this point which can be true for a lot of titles nowadays I suppose (ArmA comes to mind) however most TG guys are a friendly bunch and always in my experience more than happy to help you find your feet in a new title.

Jump into our TeamSpeak channel some time and we will get you squared away. Best thing is PS2 is free to play! :) And actually, if you see this in time, Friday nights are our regular ops night... just sayin'... XD
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X