Symthic's BF4 Weapon Stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symthic's BF4 Weapon Stats

So I think either I or someone else will need to put together a simplified weapon comparison guide as I can get overwhelmed by the choices. But for now, I think this site's weapon stats are fantastic.

http://symthic.com/bf4-stats

In addition to the stats themselves, there are side-by-side accuracy plots, charts that show damage over distance and so forth. This helped me understand the accuracy stats a lot more (especially the first shot multiplier, which basically means that the difference between your 1st and 2nd shot's accuracy will be X more (twice seems about average on an Assault Rifle) than the difference between the 2nd and 3rd, 3rd and 4th, etc.

Anyway, hope that helps people get a hold on these weapons a little better. You may already know the site from before, but it was new to me.

Re: Symthic's BF4 Weapon Stats

For example, here is the comparison done of the Assault Rifles (see here):

Comment

The FAMAS looks like a train wreck.

Comment

It does, but in exchange you get a MUCH better fire rate (650 for the AK-12 vs. 1000 for the FAMAS), a little bit extra max distance, and a lower spread while hip firing.

Also, you could always play using a FAMAS with a heavy barrel. the heavy barrel increases your accuracy considerably and since you're already going to have to deal with a horrendous recoil, you might not care if it's even worse.
        Last edited by Zoraster; 11-05-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Aim for the groin with the FAMAS, let the recoil carry you up.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Well actually I'd argue that the charts argue for something entirely different different. If the recoil were ONLY vertical (e.g. see the SCAR-H), absolutely you'd be correct. But the recoil is quite heavy left and right in equal measure.

This is actually something that's easy to miss: having recoil in both directions is a distinct negative because you cannot compensate. At first glance you might think, "oh, well if it's recoiling in either direction it evens out" but of course that loses you control. Let's compare two weapons: the FAMAS and the AEK-971:

The FAMAS actually has less first shot recoil (2.5x vs. the AEK's 3x) and its recoil right is similar to the AEK's, but it also has substantial recoil left. So while the AEK arguably has more recoil and is harder to control (especially if you're firing in auto), it's more predictable. What that means is that by drifting your aim to down and to left you can compensate for the recoil up and right. But with the FAMAS, you're left compensating solely vertically because either left or right correction will leave you overcompensating nearly half the time. Aiming at the groin and letting the recoil take you up will work for the SCAR-H, which has very little left/right recoil but TONS of up recoil (25% more than the FAMAS in fact), but for the FAMAS it'll mean you end up spraying wide and missing the important chest and headshots.

Anyway, I know your off-hand remark wasn't meant to spur that kind of discussion, but I find it interesting, so you were used as a prompt ;-)

Comment

Yeah that site is seriously awesome, I can't wait until they pull the rest of the data of the game. (There is still stuff missing)

Comment

Very interesting, bookmarked.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse