No announcement yet.

Claymores! The gift that waits for you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores! The gift that waits for you!

I'm upset that I only get one! :( However, it doesn't disappear when I die. :) And it stays there even if I change kits! :)

This mean we can put our clays and mines and slams down and get a new kit from the supply crate from the CO or steal kits from fallen enemies! Wonder if I get another support kit that has claymore in it do I get TWO! :O

Re: Claymores! The gift that waits for you!

On the TG server with FF on, arent they a pain to use?

Comment

Nah, you just have to watch where you run ;) But Gunney does like to put them where I like to go so I'm usually the one that finds them.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        Nah, you just have to watch where you run ;)
        A lot of friendlies complain about claymores, saying they are the best way to TK your team, but its REALLY easy to avoid friendly claymores once you know what to look for (wires and, of course, the blue indicator showing its location). Properly deployed claymores can be a great way to cover up entrances and act as an early warning.
        "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Pale Horseman View Post
          A lot of friendlies complain about claymores, saying they are the best way to TK your team, but its REALLY easy to avoid friendly claymores once you know what to look for (wires and, of course, the blue indicator showing its location). Properly deployed claymores can be a great way to cover up entrances and act as an early warning.
          I complain about friendlies who complain. If people were more careful and watched their step, I wouldn't have to run back and risk my hide planting another one after they tripped my first one. And yes, being careful goes for both the one who planted the claymore and other friendlies! If you need to go back and replant, often then not, you'll probably run into trouble trying to replant. So watch yourself or take a buddy with you before going back! Food for thought. :)
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Claymores with FF on is a hassle, but not a major one. Out of all the times I ran around on the server, I have tripped friendly claymores more than once. However, in an overall view, this hasn't affected me, my score, my team, my teamplay or anything else. It is true that claymores on a hardcore server is non such a great idea because if your are trying to run away you are not going to notice it(especially if its in a dark room). Your much better off just defending the entrance yourself!

In a 64 player server, with so many friendlies running around, it's a 50/50 chance youre gonna kill a friendly with it as a friendly is the same as the enemy, you dont see it until your dead. Unless youre paying attention for it, in which case you would have to peak every corner and that will get you killed anyways.

In conclusion I would say its not helpful but also helpful at the same time(50/50).

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              I complain about friendlies who complain. If people were more careful and watched their step, I wouldn't have to run back and risk my hide planting another one after they tripped my first one. And yes, being careful goes for both the one who planted the claymore and other friendlies! If you need to go back and replant, often then not, you'll probably run into trouble trying to replant. So watch yourself or take a buddy with you before going back! Food for thought. :)
              Same goes for SLAMs. I can't tell you how many times I've set up a perfectly good SLAM trap - only for an oblivious friendly to bumble right through and ruin it. ESPECIALLY after I've given a heads up to the team as to where it's at. Or I stand there, jumping up and down in front of it like a kangaroo hopped up on 3 pots of coffee, as to say "Hey! Don't drive here! Don't drive here ! DON'T DRI....." *KABOOM* *Teamkill* *facepalm* Then they complain about it. Awareness, people....
              |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
                Same goes for SLAMs. I can't tell you how many times I've set up a perfectly good SLAM trap - only for an oblivious friendly to bumble right through and ruin it. ESPECIALLY after I've given a heads up to the team as to where it's at. Or I stand there, jumping up and down in front of it like a kangaroo hopped up on 3 pots of coffee, as to say "Hey! Don't drive here! Don't drive here ! DON'T DRI....." *KABOOM* *Teamkill* *facepalm* Then they complain about it. Awareness, people....
                If I can get a tank/LAV, I don't even bother using my SLAMs. Pain to see a clueless friendly drive over them with a full bus... Waste of vehicle and lives.

Has anyone had any luck planting claymores facing down a stairwell? I seem to find they don't trip half the time...
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If the wires dont deploy the claymores cannot be tripped. The can be picked back up by standing behind them and holding the appropriate button.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    Has anyone had any luck planting claymores facing down a stairwell? I seem to find they don't trip half the time...
                    Yesterday I was putting claymores down on the stairs in the parking garage on Flood Zone, and they seemed to be deploying fine. I often wait to see how the wires deploy, and if I do not like how they are (I.E. people can just run past without even noticing it) then I'll pick it up and redeploy it.
                    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Ask Lunny about claymores....he's the expert.

Also, you can use them to prevent people from stealing your jeep.

Battleloggers! Clay-No-More! By Battlefield Friends Season 2 Episode 12! - YouTube

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

My favorite trick with claymores is to use them near a motion sensor. Acts as a nice trap when the enemy goes looking for your sensor and finds the claymore instead. Less FF deaths also as you can place it outside the normal traffic areas.

Comment

I ran with the claymores for a while and they work well, especially as early warning devices. On a server like ours more people are more aware so if you are going to use them anywhere here is as good a place as any.

Of late I've given them up for the mortar. I think it brings so much more to the table for me as a player. I'm not so good in CQB anyways and I get great satisfaction using those pesky HE rounds to support my squad as they defend or attack. The important thing with the mortar is to not get distracted with action at other flags....what some might see as easy kills.

The other night is a good example. My squad was fighting at E on Propaganda. The enemy was right on the flag in CQB with my squaddies and we were having a tough time wiping them out. I laid down 4 or 5 well placed mortar rounds resulting in two multi kills and another single kill. In the lull the squad surged ahead and secured the area. That was one time I felt the mortars more than compensated for one less weapon firing downrange. I guess that is a whole other thread though.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed