Relative VOIP Volume and You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relative VOIP Volume and You

I've been unable to really hear VOIP over the "Battle" in Battlefield since I was playing BF2. Nothing like a bushmaster to get in the way of hearing your SL's wails of dismay as you overshoot the objective to chase down those dirty commies! Well, it just so happens that I picked up a trick that's served me well in virtually every game that requires voice comms since then.

If you navigate to your audio options, you'll find your Master Volume and your VOIP Volume. They actually operate independently from one another, and if you lower your Master Volume your VOIP volume will be higher relative to it. I've found that with the "War Tapes" audio setting and a healthy dose of bass I have to turn the Master Volume down to about 30% and the VOIP to about 55% to comfortably hear comms, though your mileage may vary.

And there you have it. While it may be extraordinarily obvious and useless to fix your VOIP issues, it's easy to overlook the simplest solution(like our comrade AstroCat :)). Good luck!
    Un Equipo de Trabajo Para Bien de Todos

Re: Relative VOIP Volume and You

Nice tip :D

Comment

Yep, usually the "Master" volume controls all audio in a system, so it is odd that VOIP is independent from the Master. But that's fine with me because it works and I can hear people now, well except for when it cuts out but there's not a "stop VOIP cutting out" button I know of! We'll have to wait on a patch I'm afraid for that one.

(@Kamikaze Cow posted about this in General as well)
      Also... in your: \Documents\Battlefield 4\settings folder there is the file PROFSAVE_profile which is actually a text file. I've been reading that to fix the general cutting out of audio on certain maps you need to change: GstAudio.AudioQuality to "4". But according to the charts I've found "3" is the highest setting. I'm going to try "3" out and see how it goes.

GstAudio.AudioQuality 0= Slightly
      GstAudio.AudioQuality 1= Middle
      GstAudio.AudioQuality 2= High
      GstAudio.AudioQuality 3= Ultra

GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 0= War tape
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 1= TV
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 2= Hi-Fi
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 3= Home Cinema
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 4= Headphones
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

It is a pity that the game sounds do not lower when people speak (ducking), they really need to fix that.

Comment

Yeah the "ducking" function seems to be completely non-functional.
          Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by AstroCat View Post
            Also... in your: \Documents\Battlefield 4\settings folder there is the file PROFSAVE_profile which is actually a text file. I've been reading that to fix the general cutting out of audio on certain maps you need to change: GstAudio.AudioQuality to "4". But according to the charts I've found "3" is the highest setting. I'm going to try "3" out and see how it goes.

GstAudio.AudioQuality 0= Slightly
            GstAudio.AudioQuality 1= Middle
            GstAudio.AudioQuality 2= High
            GstAudio.AudioQuality 3= Ultra

GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 0= War tape
            GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 1= TV
            GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 2= Hi-Fi
            GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 3= Home Cinema
            GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 4= Headphones

Aren't both of these things controllable from your audio settings ingame? I have options for both quality of audio and the "filter", as it were. Or does the audio quality not adjust properly from that menu?
            Un Equipo de Trabajo Para Bien de Todos

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X