Game disconnected: Client closed down connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game disconnected: Client closed down connection

last night I played some campaign and the game was working great. Today I went into a multiplayer server for the first time in BF4 and there the game also performed admirably. However whenever I try to join the TG server it gives me the message "Game disconnected: Client closed down connection".

It's only happening with the TG server.

Things I have already tried:
    1) repair the game install
    2) re-install punkbuster
    3) clear cache
    4) re-installed BF4

My specs can be seen here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/-c-Kwalc297/
    Last edited by Kwalc; 11-01-2013, 11:33 PM.

Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection

This was happening to me last night. 3 times in just like 20 minutes. But it was the server doing it. Crashing and/or kicking everyone.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Battlelog is saying they are rolling out new servers to deal with performance issues right now and dc's are to be expected.

They aren't kidding either. Haven't been able to finish one single round all evening.
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Dsn't have to do with that Abel. Has been happening since last night. I've been playing on a lot of different servers the whole day today and I havn't had this(or any other) issue on any other server. But when I tried to join the TG server just now it gave me the same popup.

It boggles my mind I tell you..

Comment

Same here, seems to be an issue for me ever since that last 700mb patch. I never had audio problems before that as well. I always get so excited for a new BF game, but that excitement quickly gets watered down with all of the release problems.
          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Most of my disconnects and game crashes happen during the evenings. Suspect it has to do with packet losses.

Comment

This is happening to me much more often on the TG server than other servers I've been on. Not sure why, though when I'm not on the TG server, I'm usually on a TDM 32/32 server (working on my crappy aim). So maybe it's the 64/64 that's the difference?

Last night after crashing out of the TG server, I joined a TDM, but stayed on TG TS. The TG server crashed 3 more times while the server I was on was solid.

I know the beta for me was excellent. I played a ton and crashed maybe twice. The VOIP was flawless as well. I'm not a programming guru, but did notice the beta was limited to 64-bit OS. Maybe that's a difference?

One good thing I've noticed is that if you're using the XP boosts from battlepacks and crash. You lose all the XP you gained, but you also get the time back on your boost.
              SPOOK...
              "Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." - George S. Patton

Comment

I wish it was that simple spook. However it has nothing to do with player count or map/mode selection. Not for me anyways.

Comment

Are we banning country specific IP's? Its works when I use a VPN and it dsnt when I dont.

Comment

There should be nothing on our end that is doing g that Kwalc. Do you notice it with any other NA servers?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                      There should be nothing on our end that is doing g that Kwalc. Do you notice it with any other NA servers?
                      Nope, I have tested everything I can test, from my connection to server game mode and player count. It is not happening with any other server only the TG one. When I use a vpn it works and when i dont it dsnt. I dont know whats up.

I'm lucky that I have rly good internet that even with the VPN on im still under 100 ping.

Comment

If anyone else is having this issue the solution for me was doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMB4FTqziqw

If an admin can put it as a solution to my original post then it would be easier for people to find as I see that a lot of people found there way to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                          If anyone else is having this issue the solution for me was doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMB4FTqziqw

If an admin can put it as a solution to my original post then it would be easier for people to find as I see that a lot of people found there way to this thread.
                          Curious. I get the same thing. I crash, get back in queue, wait, noting happens, I click on the "X" to close server connection and it says I was never connected. Wonder if it has something to do with folks connection via a router? I have a physical connection to a router with other WiFi connections in my household. Mostly Facebook connections.

Comment

I wonder if that fix would help me with my PING issues. Here and there, I can find a server where I can play round after round (unless I get the sound loop crash), but other servers are useless to me. I'll bounce back and forth between 50ms and nearly 900ms, making the game completely unplayable.

Can't play on the TG server at all. In Battlelog, it consistently pings over 100, whereas most other servers at least show around 50ms before I log in and all goes to hell.

One thing I noticed last night though, I tried several other 64 player servers after I couldn't play on the TG server, and would ultimately start seeing very high pings on all of them. But I then joined a 32 player server, and played 3 rounds in a row without any issues.

Part of my issue I think is that we switched from Comcast to Century Link over the summer, to save money. So I'm still learning to adapt to DSL, and I'm sure there's other settings I could adjust that might help.
                            |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

Are you running the Battlescreen in the background, Big? I've noticed horrible lag spikes when I run it on my second monitor.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X