Realtek Sound Loop Crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtek Sound Loop Crash

I read about this on the BF4 forums, and it seems to have worked for me: ONE (and only one) source of crashes seems to be related to using realtek devices for sound. this is the crash where a sound loops over and over. So if you, as I do, have a USB sound device (such as headphones), you might try using that until the next patch. Note that this doesn't seem to solve all crash related issues in the least, but it does remove one type.

Re: Realtek Sound Loop Crash

Huh. I've been having a very annoying recurring crash where the video will freeze and the audio will be stuck in a half second loop that repeats indefinitely, until I shut the process down manually. I always play on 7.1 USB headphones though. It seems like this particular crash started for me after the last client update. Very frustrating.
    Beatnik

Comment

Well crap. That explains my crashing issue, but unfortunately I can't find the Steelseries USB soundcard I had been using until 2 years ago. I'll just put up with it until a fix is pushed out I suppose.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I don't have Realtek installed. I have a soundblaster card and I get the same sound loops!

But I do have a RealTek Ethernet Controller installed on my Asus Motherboard.

Comment

The sound loops are from what I've been reading are a symptom of the crash, not the cause.
          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X