Settings -- What's worth turning down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings -- What's worth turning down

I have a fairly old (2 years) card, so unless and until I upgrade it, it's not a matter of whether to turn down settings, but rather what to turn down. For me, my priorities are to keep the things that help with the gameplay -- spotting enemies in particular -- and lower what just makes the game look cool.

I found this video that spelled things out nicely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k_F6i2-Gnbg

Essentially I'm going to try setting all my settings to low except Mesh Quality and Texture Filter, which will remain high. I'd like to know what those of you having to make choices about this type of thing are doing. I imagine this will involve a lot of trial and error, but hopefully with the help of you guys, we can reduce the amount of pain that comes from it.

Also, what are you setting your field of vision at?

(as an aside: even if I had the world's best rig, motion blur would be off. That stuff makes me motion sick pronto)

Re: Settings -- What's worth turning down

New rig here mate - so I can't be of use for most of what you need.

But I do have my FOV at 90 and like it. Might experiment with a bit higher to see how I get on.

Comment

yeah, field of vision is interesting because it's not just about performance. If you set it to the highest, you'll probably have more trouble with the stuff right in front of you. A balancing act I'm sure.

Comment

just played a bit with settings, I was running high with 65-50 fps. Made a few key changes and I cant see the difference in visual......but I now go 105-85 fps

:)
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Great find! Listened to the video and tweaked a few things. Game is prettier and runs about 10 FPS faster! Thank you Zoraster for sharing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X